JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I loved mine, was not thinking and sold it because all my other handguns are 9mm, and I figured wait for the 43 and not need to to buy another caliber. Didn't realize the 43 was going to cost so much more than the 42. I loved the way it felt in my hand, was a great shooter, very accurate with light recoil, and never a FTF or FTE. It was a little big for pocket carry, but with the right holster, you forgot it was there. Think I am going to get another one.

I held one at the gun shop. Loved the weight, size, and feel of it in my hand. But at this time .380 ammo is just too expensive from what I'm seeing...sometimes costing much more than 9mm.

My wife has one and really likes it. The 9mm was just a bit too much for her small hands and the 380 fits well and has a big less recoil. I got a bunch of 380 ammo the other day at walmart for 16 a box, not too bad but definitely more than 9mm. I am going to reload 380 so the cost will drop a lot.

I bought mine the week before the 43 was released... I tried to follow the shot show, and once I read that there was no talk about it I pulled the trigger on the 42, and have no regrets I missed on the 43. In my honest opinion, I like the 42 more then my 938, shield, lcp, and xds . I've seen them as low as 389. its extremely soft shooting, accurate, and was not sensitive to the hollow points I tried (90 gr hornday and Speer) . Like others have mentioned, 380 is a bit overpriced. The real reason I added it was My girlfriend liked it and I wanted to carry the same pistol as she did. If the price is right, go for it!

I bought one for my wife the first weekend it was released. apparently the early gen 42's were very ammo picky. We sent it back to glock and it still came back with ftf and fte with about half of the different types of ammo we tried. But with the right ammo it was a sweet pistol. very slim and very light. it shot like a 22 and was very accurate

I bought one for my lady. It is a nice little gun. Works everytime and it is easly to conceal. It is a soft shooter. When my daughter was 7 she was shooting the G42 with no problems at all. I also think that .380 ammo is over priced so we don't fun shoot it much.

The first ones had quite a few ammo related issues. I have one, and have never had a problem but enough people did that Glock did a fix. People that sent them back to Glock generally report the problem solved.
I loaded up on Magtech .380 when it was on sale awhile ago, so the price hasn't been an issue for me.
I usually shoot 9mm, but wanted something different. Also, being a Glockaholic I had to have one.
Just like I had to get the G43 even though I didn't need it.

I really like the G42, conceals easily, is very accurate and the recoil is mild.
If you want a 380 I highly recommend it.

I was able to get one at the LE/blue label pricing and I love mine. At first I didn't care for it, I even commented on here that I would not own one but I do now and I am glad I got one. I got a box of 90 grain Winchester HST for it, I loaded tow mags and one round failed to feed out of 12 rounds so I decided to get some Pow'R Ball ammo.... the JHP with the polymer ball in the tip to make it feed like a FMJ yet it's a JHP.

The 42 makes a great backup or a main carry for those days you feel lazy and don't want to carry anything heavy, summer carry etc. The only thing I would do to mine is to put on some night sights and some kind of traction grip. The trigger is a bit heavier when compared to a Glock 19, 26 etc. but a nice polish job can help a bit.

Personally I am a 9mm guy but I have no problem carrying the .380 caliber. A lot of people talk smack about the caliber, and to those fine folks I say.... LET ME SHOOT YOU WITH MY .380! then we can sit down and talk about it lol. I have yet to get some but there is that new lehigh .380 bullet that has good penetration but I have to buy some and cycle it to see how it feeds.

Just make sure you shoot ammo with 190+ ft/lbs energy or you will have some cycling issues. PMC .380fmj for example is crapola in the G42

I took the wifes' G42 out to the range today and put 100 rounds through it. There was one misfeed but it was right after a strange sounding firing of the prior round. Cleared it and no other problems. I was using PPU ammo. I definitely like this more than I did my G26. The G26 hurt my hand after just a few rounds but this gun did not even after 100. Good to go I do believe.

I have a double stack Browning BDA 380, (Biggest and best loved) a G-42 next biggest and very good, I have had ours for a good while and it is just fine, the wife's current favorite behind the BDA. We have two Ruger LCP's, one a 'Custom'. The Ruger's are small accurate and reliable, so is the Kahr CW-380 which I also have. My favorite though is a Colt Mustang XSP, which I carry 'Cocked and Locked' but locked in this case does not include the slide, and some might not be comfortable with this. You can carry the G-42 in most front pockets but it is nearly the size of a Ruger LC9, The LCP, CW-380, and Mustang are all truly small enough to be real 'Pocket' pistols. We have a IWB and pocket holster for the G-42.
I did shoot 200+ rounds thru the G-42 when I got it as there had been some early issues with other owners. I had none other than I should have cleaned and oiled it before shooting for the first time.
I generally just shoot 4 or 5 magazines to verify function and my familiarity with whatever 380. I don't really use them for the 'Range'. I use bigger guns and calibers for practice, so cost of 380 is not an issue (Except for that BDA, sweet shooting gun.

As long as the size and capacity are not a issue for you the G-42 is great.

Just in from my first trip to the range with my G42. I love the little gun! I was able to make hits inside a 3inch circle at 50ft with it and it ate all the ammo I fed it. Ran some Magtech FMJ, Remington HP, and Hornaday Critical Defense through it with zero issues. It is a lot easier to shoot than my LCR but still easy to hide on the body. I think it is going to make a fine carry gun this Summer.