JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm curious about the G41. I've got a Gen4 G21, which is a great pistol, but I've considered trading it for a G41 (or selling the 21 and buying a 41). I have a G35, and I love the long slide - it makes .40 a pleasure to shoot. Plug in a 9mm conversion barrel and I've got a versatile long-slide pistol.

I'd like to do something similar with G41. The longer, narrow slide is appealing, but I would want to add a 10mm conversion barrel, and, so far, no one makes one. After over a year, I would have expected something on the market, but so far, no go. I contacted Lone Wolf and they said they're not planning on any conversion barrels for the 41. Storm Lake hasn't responded yet, and KKM has a match grade barrel, but no conversions, and nothing from EFK Fire Dragon.

There is almost no discussion about the G41 on this forum, just a few comments made. Anyone here have one? What do you think? How about in comparison to the G21 Gen4?

I like Glocks for the versatility and easy to find parts and upgrades. But if I can't take advantage of that with the 41, I'd probably pass. Maybe the 41 is just too much of a niche gun? I wouldn't be carrying it, and I won't be shooting competition, just home defense and target.

Just curious what folks here think about this model.

I never quite understood what niche it would fill in competition, either. Maybe in bowling pins or something like that, but in USPSA, 13rd magazines doesn't really give it any advantage in Open or Limited and it obviously has no place in Single Stack, which is where 45acp shines. People who shoot Open race guns are generally not using 45acp anyway. I just don't know its purpose.

Now, as a house gun it could fit right in. 5" of 45acp power has been a proven man-stopper. I, personally, just can't quite get my hands around a G21 so I ended up selling it. I'd rather stay in the small-frame family. There I could get up to 357Sig.

The G40 makes a LOT of sense in a bunch of different roles. Why not consider that?

BTW, you could always go on Gunbroker and buy a complete top-end for conversion puposes.

I had one when it first came out. It was a smooth shooting pistol. I had also owned the 21 and I would say the 41 is way better. It is lighter and smoother to shoot. My friends with the 21 also said the same. I have always been a 1911 guy so I just never shot it that much.

I never quite understood what niche it would fill in competition, either. Maybe in bowling pins or something like that, but in USPSA, 13rd magazines doesn't really give it any advantage in Open or Limited and it obviously has no place in Single Stack, which is where 45acp shines. People who shoot Open race guns are generally not using 45acp anyway. I just don't know its purpose.

Now, as a house gun it could fit right in. 5" of 45acp power has been a proven man-stopper. I, personally, just can't quite get my hands around a G21 so I ended up selling it. I'd rather stay in the small-frame family. There I could get up to 357Sig.

The G40 makes a LOT of sense in a bunch of different roles. Why not consider that?

BTW, you could always go on Gunbroker and buy a complete top-end for conversion puposes.

I haven't seen a G40 for sale anywhere yet. I'm not even sure what they'll be selling for. I wouldn't be against the idea of a complete 10mm long slide to go with the G41, but I haven't seen any of those available either. Having both a long slide 41 and the ability to convert over to an even longer slide 10mm/G40 might be a fun combination to have. Maybe I'll have to wait and see once some G40's start showing up in the stores.

As far as my hands fitting - my G21 Gen4 fits my hand very well, with no back straps. I can add the small back strap and it still fits well - I kind of like the extended beavertail back strap.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top