JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you want a compact .45 ACP pistol from Glock, I believe the Glock 30 / G30 SF is a better choice than the Glock 36. The dimensions are close. The G30 is slightly thicker which is a concern for concealment but it holds 4 more rounds and many people find it more comfortable to shoot than the Glock 36. I have read a lot of reports from people claiming to have have experienced greater perceived recoil with the Glock 36 than with the Glock 30.

I have one and love it. I went from carrying a Ruger LCP (.380) to carrying the Glock 36 and LOVE the G36. Does it have recoil? Sure - small sized .45.... physics will be physics.

But, I think there is less recoil than the LCP had... 6+1 rounds... I feel pretty good with that. Going to add a mag holster soon, so I will have a spare 6 on me.

Thanks for the replies. I have a G30sf already and was just curious about the 36 and how people liked it. Haven't carried the 30 yet though, due to still not getting my CHL. Ive worn around the house but its still not the same as moving around the city and such.
(who doesn't just lay down when there home)

Steve,
I carry a G30 or G29 (both same size) Everyday 24/7. I find the G30 easier to shoot than the G36 = Grip size? weight? I don't know but it is "nicer".
With than being said, go with what your most comfortable with and DON"T let anyone try to convince you cant carry a G30/29 because their "too large" or "too heavy"! I've been carrying mine nearly 10 years concealed and absolutely NO problems... either under heavy garments OR under Hawaiian type shirts AND....... most of the time... I carry them IWB under pull over tucked in type shirts or dress shirts!. And I'm not "large" (6'2" 190#) so "slimmer" and the G30 carries just fine!. You've got one.... enjoy it!

More rounds, softer recoil (my opinion) great accuracy!

BTW;

G30 Width= 1.27" Length= 6.77" Height= 4.76" Weight Loaded= 33.86oz.
G36 1.13" 6.77" 4.76" 26.99oz.

1/8" wider and 7 oz heavier (extra rounds). Hard to conceal? Not really! In fact you can I carry your G30 with the larger G21 full size magazine (with extension) and have no difficulties (with the exception of Golf type shirts) then carry with standard mag.

My 2 penny's of a $1.00 worth. Enjoy! and get that permit!

Steve,
I carry a G30 or G29 (both same size) Everyday 24/7. I find the G30 easier to shoot than the G36 = Grip size? weight? I don't know but it is "nicer".
With than being said, go with what your most comfortable with and DON"T let anyone try to convince you cant carry a G30/29 because their "too large" or "too heavy"! I've been carrying mine nearly 10 years concealed and absolutely NO problems... either under heavy garments OR under Hawaiian type shirts AND....... most of the time... I carry them IWB under pull over tucked in type shirts or dress shirts!. And I'm not "large" (6'2" 190#) so "slimmer" and the G30 carries just fine!. You've got one.... enjoy it!

More rounds, softer recoil (my opinion) great accuracy!

BTW;

G30 Width= 1.27" Length= 6.77" Height= 4.76" Weight Loaded= 33.86oz.
G36 1.13" 6.77" 4.76" 26.99oz.

1/8" wider and 7 oz heavier (extra rounds). Hard to conceal? Not really! In fact you can I carry your G30 with the larger G21 full size magazine (with extension) and have no difficulties (with the exception of Golf type shirts) then carry with standard mag.

My 2 penny's of a $1.00 worth. Enjoy! and get that permit!

Thanks for the words bud! 200 rounds down my 30sf and only 1 FTE from when I limp wristed to see what would happen and the accuracy is pretty damn good.

i'm a fan of the g30 and really want to buy a 30sf.
i bought one of the first g36 in my area and everyone had to have one.
well i took it out to shoot and hated it. no matter what i did i couldn't hit anywhere near what i wanted to. the g30 was a tack driver for it's size.
what i figured out was my hands are large and i could not get the correct grip and was pulling my shots. i sold it after owning it for less than a month.

I just bought one, but have not fired it yet. Any recommendations on a good IWB holster?

i have a couple kramer holster i really like.
to bad your in OR there is a guy up here that sells them reasonable.
he gets a lot of seconds most of them are dye issues blotchy or not the right color. if your like me who cares. if its a iwb nobody sees it.
if i remember i can check and see if he has any for the g36 i will be doing a show in puyallup on the 2nd so it wouldn't be a problem.he sets up about the same time as i do.

i have a couple kramer holster i really like.
to bad your in OR there is a guy up here that sells them reasonable.
he gets a lot of seconds most of them are dye issues blotchy or not the right color. if your like me who cares. if its a iwb nobody sees it.
if i remember i can check and see if he has any for the g36 i will be doing a show in puyallup on the 2nd so it wouldn't be a problem.he sets up about the same time as i do.

Wow! Those things are E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E! Let me know if you find one cheap.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top