JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any owners of the Glock 36 on here?

I like the looks of it because it is a nice, single stack .45 -- but the shops I can get to easily don't have it in stock for me to actually hold.

If you have one - what do you think of it?

I had one but somebody had something i wanted really bad so i traded it. it was a great carry gun, now i'm looking for another one should have never traded it, Doubletap has it now. He had the slide done and it looks awsome.
Very comfortable gun.

Good info --- I'll add one more to the mix (after holding a G36): Glock 30

Read some info online, sounds like it is just a bit larger than the G36, but holds 10+1 and accepts the same mags as the G21SF, etc?

Currently trying to find one of those to hold... but has anyone on here compared the two before?

Loved the Glock 36, but traded it for something else. The Glock 30 was a tad bit on the thick side, so passed on it. I believe either Fisherman's at Delta Park or Keith's Gresham had one or both, give them a call.

My OD G36 is on my hip IWB right now - comfortably and effortlessly in its MTAC. It fits my hand oh-so-well with Pearce +1 mag extensions, and the "slimline" frame is IMO just the ticket for CCW. You wanna double-stack, get a Glock 21SF, but I can only wear that monster OWB.

It's amazing to me that a .45ACP as small as the G36 can be so friendly to shoot, but that's progress for ya.

I guess you can tell that I'm a fan - it was worth the wait. And I like the OD frame because it's natural camo for my wardrobe, if it should ever peek out.

I had a 36 - although on paper it's only "slightly" narrower than a 30, in my hand and on my waist if felt a lot slimmer. I did sell it though, because I found that for it to function properly it required a much tighter grip than any other handgun I've owned. I just couldn't retrain myself to consistently squeeze that hard, so it was not reliable for me. After I sold it someone online suggested trying a different spring, one made by Wolf, but I never had the chance to do that. I did love the gun though, and often think about getting another.

youll really like the g36, very comfortable to carry, way more so than the g30, at least for me. How thin a pistol is really makes the difference for IWB for me. Most of the time I carry my 1911's, cause I love them and they are way thinner than most of my glocks. The 36 is for me the perfect option though when not carrying my 1911's.

ya i have a 36. love it. i carry it in a galco in the pants holster most the time. my buddys have the xd9 ,xd40 and one otehr 40cal they are all amazed at the fact that my 45. is just as small as theres and just as fun to shoot

I was reading at Glocktalk.com and there has been quite a discussion about people who have put their G36 slide on thier G30SF frame. I will continue reading to see if there was additional wear or problems. While it would be EXPENSIVE, you would get the 10+1 capacity of the G30sf and the some of the slimness of the G36.

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

Has anyone here done this? Interesting...

Here is the G36 slide on the G30sf frame:

Okay, just fired 6 rounds through it. I was expecting it to be a bit harsh due to the small size and the .45 round. It wasn't bad!

As for round count, my last carry pistol was the LCP with 6+1 of .380, and this is 6+1 of .45. I sure hope I never get in a self-defense situation where 6+1 + 6 (other mag) of .45 is required...

That's funny...we seem to be on the same track. After my LCP was an AR15 and now looking at .45 ACP. You're ahead so far. I might have to go back to work to keep up with ya!

Awesome carry gun. I got mine from RS Loans, pawn shop in Vancouver. I forget what I paid exactly, but I remember they gave me 10% off for paying cash. It seemed like a good deal. Light to carry. Whippy to shoot.

5 out of 6 on paper... second time shooting my new toy, er, tool...

Side-to-side I am fairly close -- I am not aligning my sights properly for the vertical... That said - if that were a human target I am fairly sure that those 5 shots would do some damage....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top