JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which should I buy?

• Glock 36

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Kahr CW45

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters
If i were going to buy a compact glock in 45 acp, I'd go with a 30 sf. Only a slight size difference from the 36 and more capacity. Just my opinion. I have no experience with either pistol you inquired about but do like my 30.

I vote Kahr. The CW has more desirable dimensions for CC. No finger grooves and more grip to hold. It looks better. And everyone knows “Thin is Sexy”. The only caveat is you may have to follow Kahr's break in procedure. And thats going to kill your resale value.:D

Guess I'm the first vocal vote for the Glock, and I'm not even a "Glock guy". In fact up until I bought the 36, I hated every Austrian plast.... er "polymer" I'd ever shot. The 36 however fits my hand impeccably, points well, and actually handles recoil better than I expected, even from the snappy Hornaday TAP rounds I carry on a daily basis. I'm about 400 rounds into mine, and I've had exactly 1 FTE, on some Winchester White box that I suspect was loaded considerably lighter than the rest of the batch. So, apparently, the famed Glock reliability I keep hearing about is, so far at least, true.
As far as concealability goes, the 36 pretty much disappears. I went with a Crossbreed supertuck, first one I'd ever bought, and I'll never buy a different IWB again. With it, the Glock conceals just as well as the J-frame I'd been carrying previous.
My only real complaint is the factory sights, give me three dot sites any day over the dot and trough motif of the Glock.
-Curtis
(Apparently now full of Kool-Aid, hopefully grape)

Guess I'm the first vocal vote for the Glock, and I'm not even a "Glock guy". In fact up until I bought the 36, I hated every Austrian plast.... er "polymer" I'd ever shot. The 36 however fits my hand impeccably, points well, and actually handles recoil better than I expected, even from the snappy Hornaday TAP rounds I carry on a daily basis. I'm about 400 rounds into mine, and I've had exactly 1 FTE, on some Winchester White box that I suspect was loaded considerably lighter than the rest of the batch. So, apparently, the famed Glock reliability I keep hearing about is, so far at least, true.
As far as concealability goes, the 36 pretty much disappears. I went with a Crossbreed supertuck, first one I'd ever bought, and I'll never buy a different IWB again. With it, the Glock conceals just as well as the J-frame I'd been carrying previous.
My only real complaint is the factory sights, give me three dot sites any day over the dot and trough motif of the Glock.
-Curtis
(Apparently now full of Kool-Aid, hopefully grape)
You guys just couldn't keep your mouths shut could you. I had pretty much decided on the kahr and then you make me start reconsidering the G36 again. :D ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top