JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have quite a few through my G33. Recoil is snappy. More so than .40 in my experience. Nobody I've let shoot it enjoys. However, when compared to my sub compact 9mm pistols, the bullets get to where they're going in a hurry. Factory ammo is expensive and can be hard to find, I've also had neck tension issues when I reload as there isn't much of one to speak of so consistency can be an issue.

There are two sexy cartridges the 357sig and the 10mm. I own both, and I shoot both. I also reload for both. Other cartridges or calibers don't even hold a candle to them. But that is just me, and my thoughts. To each his own. they are both true performers.

I have quite a few through my G33. Recoil is snappy. More so than .40 in my experience. Nobody I've let shoot it enjoys. However, when compared to my sub compact 9mm pistols, the bullets get to where they're going in a hurry. Factory ammo is expensive and can be hard to find, I've also had neck tension issues when I reload as there isn't much of one to speak of so consistency can be an issue.
Thank you. Will take your comments and see what I come up with. Much appreciated.

There are two sexy cartridges the 357sig and the 10mm. I own both, and I shoot both. I also reload for both. Other cartridges or calibers don't even hold a candle to them. But that is just me, and my thoughts. To each his own. they are both true performers.
Ditto that; me too. Both are serious rounds for defense and protection, better than 9mm, 40 or 45 in most scenarios and I shoot all of them. In Glocks and S&W / M&P you can (with 357 SIG or 40 S&W) calibers buy auxiliary barrels and easily swap. That's desirable, in that you can have and use a 40 for example with less expensive ammo in the same gun, where carrying, drawing, etc is identical.

It is a snappy round and a 4"+ barrel handles it better than a 3" compact, IMO.

357 SIG uses/fits 40 S&W mags and vice versa. I've done this in G20 and M&P40.

When I had my G32 in .357 Sig, I liked it very much. Very solid gun and I like the terminal ballistics of the .357 Sig, provided you use 125 gr. loads. Nice snap for recoil, but nothing crazy. The bottle neck rounds also help reduce jams since they don't have straight walled cases. In case you're wondering, my G32 got stolen, otherwise I'd still be carrying it regularly.

The downsides are that ammo is more expensive, JHP and ball rounds can be hard to find as .357 Sig rounds are not everywhere like 9mm etc. Also getting the .357 Sig guns are usually a special order item as well as many shops don't stock .357 Sig guns regularly.

As stated, two entirely different cartridges.
357 SIG is essentially a 10mm shortened and necked down to 9mm.
I have a G20 (10mm) and it's very easy to shoot accurately.
I'd imagine that a G31 would be similar.
2318885470_f1c75950d0_b.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads