Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Glock 34 gen 3 vs. 4 ?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Brass973, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Brass973

Brass973 Oregon New Member

Hello all,
    I am strongly considering purchasing a Glock 34. I was wondering if a Gen 3 or Gen 4 would be a better way to go. All feed back would be appreciated. Pros and cons if any. Thanks for your time.

2. spookshack

spookshack Forest Grove, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I can't speak for the Gen 4, but I had two Gen 3 34's years ago and they were my favorite Glocks. :)

3. dwaineshort

dwaineshort Vancouver WA Active Member

My gen4 shot awesome. Really easy to swap out the sights.

4. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

5. Naggers442

Naggers442 Portland New Member

Well the Gen 4 Glocks have the different size back straps. Also They have the duel recoil spring if I am not mistaking and that reduces recoil. You can switch the mag release from left to right if you are left handed. They also have a rougher texture. If you decided to change the mag release from left to right, the gen4 mags have a cut out on the other side to accommodate for the mag release change.

6. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Also certain part for the gen 3 won't work with the gen 4 Glocks. So if you are replacing parts, make sure it's generation spocific.

7. spookshack

spookshack Forest Grove, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter 2016 Volunteer

8. bzltyr

bzltyr Portland Metro area Active Member

I just bought g34 gen 4. Love it. Backstraps size it just right. Recoil. Haha. This is a very manageable gun. Accurate

9. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

Backstrap option on the Gen 4 guns is well worth it. I have both Gen 3 and Gen 4 guns and would choose the Gen 4 every time.

Glock 34 Gen 4.jpg

10. No_Regerts

No_Regerts United States Well-Known Member

The magazine release seems a bit bigger on the Gen4. I have bigger hand and the more aggressive texture of the Gen4 grip suits me better. The finger grooves aren't as pronounced, which I like because my fingers are wider than the Gen3 grooves.