JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I finally had a chance to go to the range with my gen 4 Glock 34 mos. I was somewhat disappointed with the accuracy I was getting. At 30ft I was getting 5" groups and at 40 ft about 7" groups. This was slow firing and taking my time to aim. Now I'm no pro shooter by any means but I do alright. With my XDm 45 I shoot 1" groups. It got to the point that I borrowed a Sig P320, which I have zero experience with, to see if maybe I was just having an off day. Well the sig shot great too, with about 1.5" group.

Is this common for a Glock or is there something I'm doing wrong maybe? This is my first Glock and I really don't want to go spend another 200 to 300 on a pistol to make it shoot like others do from the factory. Oh and I put about 200 rounds throigh the gun. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Yeah I would look more at your grip and trigger control. There's not much to go wrong on a Glock as far as accuracy. You're not by chance shooting cast lead rounds are you?

How is the trigger?
I clean mine up on all my Glocks. I like a crisp break.

What brand weight ammo? 115, 124, 147?

I have a 35. And read about the 34's in my on line research with these longer slide Glocks.
Your not the only person to have difficulty with your 34's accuracy.

Not sure where the problem lies. But it sounds like your a descent shot?

Yeah I would look more at your grip and trigger control. There's not much to go wrong on a Glock as far as accuracy. You're not by chance shooting cast lead rounds are you?
Just factory blazer and federal ammo. My grip and trigger control has just never been an issue with any other handgun I've shot so it seems odd it would only happen with this one. But still could be

How is the trigger?
I clean mine up on all my Glocks. I like a crisp break.

What brand weight ammo? 115, 124, 147?

I have a 35. And read about the 34's in my on line research with these longer slide Glocks.
Your not the only person to have difficulty with your 34's accuracy.

Not sure where the problem lies. But it sounds like your a descent shot?
115 grain blazer aluminum and 115 federal brass. I'll have to see if I can find what u found about the 34.

I haven't heard of any issues with the 34 and I shoot mine often. Although when I shoot at 10 yards I'm just concentrating on speed and keeping them all in the A zone. I'm not trying to have 1 inch groups.

115 grain blazer aluminum and 115 federal brass. I'll have to see if I can find what u found about the 34.

Unfortunately. Nothing with any resolution.
If you do find anything I'd enjoy hearing about it.

One shooter even put his 34 slide on his 17 frame. A gun that was very accurate.
With no apparent improvement in accuracy.

While it would be easy to blame the shooter. I tend to think there is something else going on.
Something subtle?

Offhand 20 feet. Left the Glock 34 and Right is CZ P09.

I am no expert with a handgun, but I am learning....and I find a significant difference between the two guns.

BTW...shooting Blazer Brass 9mm 115gr

IMG_2603.JPG

Thanks for the input. I'll try to bench shoot it and have someone else shoot it too.
The first on only HK pistol I ever owned gave me the same issues, I couldn't shoot it accurately at all and swore up and down something was wrong. Well it turns out there was a major problem, ME. Everyone else that shot the gun shot it just fine.