JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First off thanks for taking the time to read my post. I have a Glock 27 that I carry almost daily. Every morning I load a round into it and go about my day. I have noticed some pretty serious damage to the one round that always gets loaded. I have several other autos including other glocks and haven't seen this problem before. Has anyone else seen problems like this before? The rounds are factory bought and measure within the COL limit.

IMAG0089.jpg

Thanks for your help.

IMAG0089.jpg

So I had a few minutes to tinker with it today and I think I have narrowed it down to the extractor. I think. I manually excersised it but don't think it fixed the problem. Anyone have a list of good Glock gunsmiths? I would prefer someone in Central Oregon, but understand thats not always possible. Anyone think of any other possible causes?

you're dropping the extractor on the rim- thats why it's eroding like it is. the gun is designed to slide round rims up behind the extractor, as from stripping off a mag. my suggestion is to slide strip a round from the mag, then top the mag off.

and put that round in the bubblegum pile- it's a goner.

you're dropping the extractor on the rim- thats why it's eroding like it is. the gun is designed to slide round rims up behind the extractor, as from stripping off a mag. my suggestion is to slide strip a round from the mag, then top the mag off.

and put that round in the bubblegum pile- it's a goner.

Yep, that is exactly my thoughts. Most autos if not all are not designed to be loaded simply by dropping a round in the chamber without feeding it from the mag.

Just curious why you load a round every morning? Wouldn't you want a loaded pistol at all times. You never know when you may need the pistol. Just curious and not criticizing.

Just curious why you load a round every morning? Wouldn't you want a loaded pistol at all times. You never know when you may need the pistol. Just curious and not criticizing.

bkb0000--I bet your right. I wasn't aware of this with Glocks. Bad habit I guess. I will change my practice and see what happens. Thanks for your time.

oregonty--I dont keep this one loaded, but I do keep the one next to my bed chambered.

Another issue with repeated chambering the same cartridge over and over is the bullet can seat further into the casing and dramatically increase chamber pressure when shot. Could possible result in one of those infamous KBs everyone always blames on Glocks.

this is why a lot of guys drop the slide onto a hand-chambered cartridge, to avoid setback. but the above results instead, and it's overly hard on the extractor.

when i chamber my sidearm (glock 17), i manually cycle the weapon, and ride it into battery, slowly stripping a round, allowing it to clatter its way behind the extractor and into the chamber- no setback, no extractor damage. some of you will gasp at the very thought of riding the slide, but i assure you, if the barrel shelf is flush with the slide, the weapon is fully in battery.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top