JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A buddy of mine has two Glocks. One is a 27 the other is a 36. I do not own a Glock, but his price to me is more than tempting. I have never even shot a Glock. He is too far away to shoot them to decide. Is a 36 managable?

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks

im not sure but i believe the G6 is the same size as the G30, only the 36 is a single stack .45..... (so it would be a little thinner i guess) I owm the G27 and G30... I could shoot the g30 all day and it not bother me, the 27 is just a little to snappy for all day shooting, but still a good gun

The 36 is FAR more manageable than the 27 IMHO.
The 36 is almost identical to the size of a 19 or 23.
The 27 is smaller and has more recoil.
The 36, well, it's a .45 dude!

I have a Glock 27. It's a little handful. There isn't much to hang on to.

Ammo would be a little cheaper, though, than for the 36.

Glock27Rght533x400.jpg

I have the 27, totally manageable for me, work on a grip with really good support. the grip extensions are a must have, for me anyway, they give your pinky something to sit on....

I have never shot a G36 though.....I looked at the 45ACP in a glock since I am selling off my only 45ACP right now, but got talked into a 10mm,

I've been carrying a G36 daily for over two years. To me, thickness is the single most important consideration in a CCW, more so even than weight. This is the only "slimline" frame in the entire Glock lineup; the small difference in thickness numbers between the G36 and the double-stackers doesn't really reflect the significant difference in comfort when I carry IWB.

It fits my hand superbly - which it had better do, since it's a little gun firing a big ole 230 gr. slug. That Pearce +0 base plate makes all the difference to me. But the earlier posters are also correct that it's not "snappy" like a compact .40S&W, so follow-up shots are theoretically quicker - I wouldn't know about that.

The G36 is an unusual gun, perhaps still stigmatized by problems that were reported on the earliest ones. Once again, I don't know - It's all internet lore to me - But I have a hard time believing that ANY Glock has an organic design flaw. I know that mine has been utterly dependable for thousands of rounds.

When I took it to an OFA class last year, it was the only .45 there out of ~19 shooters. I guess there aren't that many options for a concealable but reliable .45. But you know, I "shot gold" in that class, passing the same DPSST test that the OR State Police have to qualify on.

I never thought capacity was that big a deal under the circumstances that I'm most likely to run into. I'm afraid a fatter CCW like the G30 would spend less time on my hip and more time guarding my socks, and that would violate the First Rule!;)