JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In your humble and knowledgeable opinion, which gun would be the best choice for concealed carry and home defense between these two choices.

Glock 26 9MM compact

Walther P99QA 9mm compact.

I want to go with the Walther for this reason.

I have a P22 for cheap practice, and want to carry the P99QA for defense.
This way I keep up on my shoot skills at a cheaper price, but get a very familiar gun for my primary home and concealed carry piece.

What do you think? :s0164:

In your humble and knowledgeable opinion, which gun would be the best choice for concealed carry and home defense between these two choices.

Glock 26 9MM compact

Walther P99QA 9mm compact.

I want to go with the Walther for this reason.

I have a P22 for cheap practice, and want to carry the P99QA for defense.
This way I keep up on my shoot skills at a cheaper price, but get a very familiar gun for my primary home and concealed carry piece.

What do you think? :s0164:

CastleFox,

Have you considered a Walther PPS in a 9mm?(am biased of course because I own one). It's smaller, and more important for CC, thinner(thus it's name P(Police)P(Pistol)S(Slim)*than the P99QA although the P99 weighs a bit less and the PPS has slightly more height.

Here are a few links that discuss the Glock 26 and PPS including some comparison photos:

http://ppstalk.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=132

http://ppstalk.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=215&SearchTerms=Glock+26

Here are the technical specs according to the
Walther USA web site:

Model-: P99C QA
Caliber-: 9mm
Barrel Length: 3.5"
Dimensions, L/H/W: 6.6"/4.3"/1.3"
Weight (without Mag): 18.7 oz.
Sights: 3-dot adj.
Magazine Capacity: 10 Rounds
Trigger: QA
Trigger Weight: 8 lbs.

Model-: PPS
Length: 6.3"
Height: 4.4"
Overall Width/Width without slidestop lever and takedown buttons: 1.04"/.91"
Barrel Length: 3.2"
Sight Radius: 5.4"
Weight (without Mag): 19.4 oz.
Standard Magazine Weight: 1.9 oz.
Action: Striker Fire Action, Pre-Cocked
Trigger Pull: 6.1 lbs.
Frame: Black Polymer

*Polizei Pistole Schmal auf Deutsch:s0155:

Thanks for the info! I must have missed that model! I'll check it out.

CastleFox,

Have you considered a Walther PPS in a 9mm?(am biased of course because I own one). It's smaller, and more important for CC, thinner(thus it's name P(Police)P(Pistol)S(Slim)*than the P99QA although the P99 weighs a bit less and the PPS has slightly more height.

Here are a few links that discuss the Glock 26 and PPS including some comparison photos:

http://ppstalk.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=132

http://ppstalk.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=215&SearchTerms=Glock+26

Here are the technical specs according to the
Walther USA web site:

Model-: P99C QA
Barrel Length: 3.5"
Dimensions, L/H/W: 6.6"/4.3"/1.3"
Weight (without Mag): 18.7 oz.
Sights: 3-dot adj.
Magazine Capacity: 10 Rounds
Trigger: QA
Trigger Weight: 8 lbs.

Model-: PPS
Length: 6.3"
Height: 4.4"
Overall Width/Width without slidestop lever and takedown buttons: 1.04"/.91"
Barrel Length: 3.2"
Sight Radius: 5.4"
Weight (without Mag): 19.4 oz.
Standard Magazine Weight: 1.9 oz.
Action: Striker Fire Action, Pre-Cocked
Trigger Pull: 6.1 lbs.
Frame: Black Polymer

*Polizei Pistole Schmal auf Deutsch:s0155:

I think Walther's are overpriced, have a Glock19 myself. Tried the Walther P99 in 9mm but went for the Glock instead. Magazines are cheap and abundant, Glocks are ridiculously reliable, accurate enough right out of the box, huge aftermarket, abundance of parts, etc.

Magazines are cheap and abundant, Glocks are ridiculously reliable, accurate enough right out of the box, huge aftermarket, abundance of parts, etc.

I'm with you there about the availability and prices of Walther magazines, at least for the PPS, compared to Glock-a constant gripe on various forums.

If and when you can find them, prices for PPS 9mm mags, for example, go anywhere from $46 to $57-the latter is how much it costs if you buy from Walther America's web site.

I'm with you there about the availability and prices of Walther magazines, at least for the PPS, compared to Glock-a constant gripe on various forums.

If and when you can find them, prices for PPS 9mm mags, for example, go anywhere from $46 to $57-the latter is how much it costs if you buy from Walther America's web site.

Yikes! I'm 99% sold on the Glock 26. Just need to find one.
I think I will just practice and plink with my .22 Walther and get a Glock.

Thanks for all the info! Saves me a lot of heart ache!

FYI: I'm getting a pretty good check this week if anyone has a used or new Glock 26 they want to sell. I'm in the market for sure!

:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads