JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carried one for several years. Great gun. I just prefer a little more grip length and a little less chunk so now I carry a 48.

Ive had a 26 and 27 both are great guns and i prefered the 26 as the 27 in 40 felt much snappier, never had an issue with the 26 but several times with the 27 with pinkie extension mags if you gripped it real hard id get a fail to feed.

If you have a 30, which is already a subcompact, and are selling it - I don't understand the purpose of replacing it with another sub compact unless you are merely looking to change calibers.

Personally having owned a 26 and a 27 I am not a fan. I would carry my 43x with a sa mag over a 26. They are nice for the fact you can use standard mags but I didn't enjoy shooting them.

IMO carry pistols have evolved since the g26 came out. I have both the 26 and 43x and think highly of both. If I could only have one, I'd probably stick with the 26 as I have other glock 9s and like the mag versatility. If you already have the 30, I'd suggest just keeping it and become excellent with it.

I have been offered, among other things, a gen 3 Glock 26 for the Glock 30s I have in the classifieds.
It wasn't something that was on my radar, but I am curious. The 26 certainly has more aftermarket parts available, holster options, and mag compatibility with the 17 and 19. Anyone have experience with the 26?

Hello,

Do you prefer shooting one handgun caliber over another one when you practice your self defense skills or plink?

What do you carry in the woods/wilderness or for hikes in general? Mainly a rifle or only a handgun or a rifle and a handgun?

My MT husband and I are not into aftermarket parts or changes to the Glock pistols that we owned in the past or to what HE owns now. We liked/like them right out of the NIB - plain and simple. I do realize that not everyone thinks the way that we do too!

He owned a few Glock 19 pistols and I did too. I no longer own, shoot or carry any handguns in any make, style or caliber but he still carries on a daily basis.

We liked them very much and if I could still shoot ALL of my former handguns including my Glock pistols... I would do this!

I can't see changing one Glock subcompact pistol for another Glock subcompact pistol unless YOU want to change your firearm calibers due to a physical issue, old age, wanted to try something else different and/or consolidate all or SEVERAL of your handgun calibers so it would be easier to buy factory ammunition or reload (If you do reload.) or just to Simplify Your Life when it comes to ALL of your firearms or ammunition stock on hand.

My MT husband does own and carry a Glock 30SF (45acp) on a daily basis. He has a matching pistol - back up one EXACTLY like what he carries here at home. That stay at home pistol has been shot only a few times and it is like NIB. Both of them were bought NIB. So he only reloads for the 45acp pistol - one pistol caliber to SIMPLIFY things. He does stock some 45acp FACTORY ammunition too. (He does reload for several rifle calibers too. He scaled down there too. He has reloaded since the early 70's too.)

So ALL of his handguns were sold other than those 2 Glock 45acp pistols and 1 pocket pistol in 22lr (Beretta.) bought NIB for his gym time.

I have never owned or shot a Glock 26. I do not think (?) that he owned a Model 26 before we knew one another.

He did own another Glock pistol before I knew him but I do not remember what it was and he sold it before I knew him. He mentioned it in the past to me. He is sleeping now so I can't ask him.

My MT husband is a '45' man.

If you want to try something different for ANY reason - it is up to YOU. You know what you have NOW and how your handgun/handguns shoot.

He does love the Glock brand and I did/do too. He will continue to shoot his 45acp pistols until he can no longer do this due to old age or some disability.

Best wishes to you!

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
I had a Glock 27 for a long while ....

• Bought it.
  • Carried for a while.
  • Stopped carrying it in favor of other sidearms.
  • Swapped the barrel to a threaded 9㎜ in order to run suppressed. Got extra wacky and used a long extended magazine with said setup.
  • Quickly bored of that and sold it along with a bunch of parts.
They work. They are can be a carry piece. It just didn't do anything something else in the line up wasn't covering. I wouldn't buy another one, but that's just me.

I have the Glock 27 and a 9mm conversion barrel for it so it's basically the Glock26 and it's fun to shoot. Of course it's going to be snappy, it's a sub-compact length barrel, but it's controllable when firing and very concealable. I've had it since 2011 and it goes where I go. It's just nice to have; if not for a main pistol then a back-up.

Rotated between a G43 and G26 until I got my P365, than they both got sold. Installed an XL grip module, use 12 round mags, don't even look at other firearms for EDC anymore, it's that good to carry and shoot.

I had a Glock 27 for a long while ....

• Bought it.
  • Carried for a while.
  • Stopped carrying it in favor of other sidearms.
  • Swapped the barrel to a threaded 9㎜ in order to run suppressed. Got extra wacky and used a long extended magazine with said setup.
  • Quickly bored of that and sold it along with a bunch of parts.
They work. They are can be a carry piece. It just didn't do anything something else in the line up wasn't covering. I wouldn't buy another one, but that's just me.
I read the last bullet as "quickly bored of that and sold it along with a bunch of PANTS."

I need to take some time off of work.

I have a Gen 3 : 26 and love mine. I added a +2 extension to have pinky room, a Brass Stacker "Trapezoid" Slide lock, a Glock factory extended slide release, a Hyve technologies extended mag release and some Talon rubber grips.

Without a doubt, the Glock 26 is a fantastic firearm. My Gen 3 26 was very accurate for its size despite the grip size with a flush-fitting magazine. I have owned a gen 3 and gen 4 models. Interestingly. I prefer the Gen 3 model over the Gen 4 for its grip size and slide finish. Also, I used granulate skate tape for a more secure grip. Fast forward... If the Glock 43 never existed, I would have kept my Gen 3 26. The 43 is much easier to carry and I prefer it's thin profile over the 26. Well, that's just my two cents worth.

Good call. The 43 is a damn good pistol. Reliable, accurate, lightweight, and very concealable.
It's going to replace the shield I have for sale right now in the classifieds.
I had been looking for one for a while. Unfortunately had to buy online to get a new one. The CZ was unplanned, though I have been after a 75 for a little bit.
Glocks are trustworthy. Only had problems with the one, and it was a common issue that they fixed for free.