JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
UI came into an unfire G26 gen4 through a trade.
-New glock brand glock magazines
-124gr PMC and Winchester white box

On multiple occasions the bolt rode over the top of round in the magazine, pinching the cartridge mid case up between the bolt and magazine.

What gives? I'm inclined to believe user error. I was conscious of grip and not applying pressure to the magazine.

Last Edited:
Was the mag fully seated?
Next time, down-load the mags by one or two, give them a good whack when seating them, and don't "ride the slide" when chambering get the first round.
See if that helps...

I got the same kind of pistol in a trade, too, and ended up needing a new RSA. Without ammo, If you slowly ride the slide into battery, does your slide make it all the way into battery? Does it make that last inch or so into battery all on its own?

I'm also wondering if maybe the slide isn't getting all the way back during recoil, thereby never drawing a roynd correctly out of the mag.

Only 2 really possible reasons: the RSA or the mag spring.

I snapped one pic while I was up there. The failures looked like this, or bolt sometimes slightly further forward.
N16TV5w.jpg

Slide goes into battery on its own, even with me riding it.

I tried 2 brand new mags with the same failures. Unfortunately I ran out of ammo shooting the CZ before I could experiment more.

I was just curious if there was an obvious reason for the jams. I'm going out tomorrow and will try some 147gr +P and see if that loosens it up hehe.

Full 10 rounds to start. Typically would happen 2nd through 5th fired.

Could have been the lubrication I suppose. I lubed it some time ago but it sat in the safe for awhile. It's not dry my any means but perhaps more evaporated than I thought.

Last Edited:
Sometimes it takes a box or two to break in a pistol. My 42 did that until I shot a whole box through it. Never had a problem after that. None of my other Glocks had that problem, but I have a LCP and SR9c that both were the same way. Also make sure you are not limp wristing, the 26 sometimes can be hard to grip good if you are not used to it.

Got out too shoot again today. Think it was as a poster said a little of everything. Lubed it up, put a couple 100 though it, focused on adjusting to short grip.

Seems 90% better, only had 2 in 200 rounds. Nice little gun.

Yeah keep throwing rounds down range. If it's still happening after 500 rds take it in to a gunsmith or call glock.

Only time my glock didn't go bang is when I was shooting reloads.

But if it's not catching that round there's something wrong.
You said you tried didn't mags?
Did you spray some lube in the mags?
Do they have replaced base plates?
Maybe someone screwed up the spring?

actually suprised the glock internet police haven't found this thread and "scrubbed' it from existance. Glocks never fail. try and find what the austrians paid on the original contract, it was out there and now it's gone. any one who disparges the glock in any way just disapears in the middle of the night.

excuse me, someone is at the door. tell my family I love them and will try and contact them from the gulag.

actually suprised the glock internet police haven't found this thread and "scrubbed' it from existance. Glocks never fail. try and find what the austrians paid on the original contract, it was out there and now it's gone. any one who disparges the glock in any way just disapears in the middle of the night.

excuse me, someone is at the door. tell my family I love them and will try and contact them from the gulag.

I find fanboys as irritating as anyone out there. I'm also not overly sensitive that have an autistic fit when a gun has an issue, I have no doubt the gun will work itself out.

The only reason I posted was to see if anyone had a glaringly obvious reason for the failures. Even with the rampant failures early on I'm not really blaming the gun, yet. User error and virgin gun are way, way more likely reasons than "glock is meme gun, not reliable"

I'll put another 200 through it and let some someone else shoot it. I'm not too concerned any longer.

My brother has a Beretta compact storm and for whatever reason every few rounds I eould somehow hit the mag release and it would fail to seat the next round.
But he shot it fine.

Have someone else shoot it see what happens.

The gen 4s have the extended mag release are you putting pressure on it trying to grip the smaller area?

My brother has a Beretta compact storm and for whatever reason every few rounds I eould somehow hit the mag release and it would fail to seat the next round.
But he shot it fine.

Have someone else shoot it see what happens.

The gen 4s have the extended mag release are you putting pressure on it trying to grip the smaller area?
Ah good theory I didn't pay notice to it, but will definetely be conscious of it next time. I was shifting my grip a lot getting used to the short glock block. It actually pointed pretty nice TBH