Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Glock 23 gen 4 Trigger help

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by jmurray192, Jan 3, 2013.

1. jmurray192

jmurray192 wilsonville oregon Active Member

Well bought a glock 23 gen 4. I wanted to do some trigger work to it. Bill springfield does the 3.5 and polish for $65 bucks. Im sure I can do this my self. What should I order and install to this thing or sould I just send it off to bill. I know there has to be some glock guys here

2. netcarrier

netcarrier Portland, Oregon Active Member

Well jmurray192,
    I know how to do a trigger job on the Glock, So if you would like some help PM me.
    Tony Portland, Oregon Area

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  3. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

If its a carry gun, leave it alone and learn to shoot the standard 4 pound trigger and reset. If it's a range toy, I would recommend sending it to a pro, but if you are bound and determined to work on it yourself, I would recommend going slow and having a few extra parts in case you take too much metal off in the polishing. Good luck!

4. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

5. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

Shoot more till it smooth out itself. ;) I actually think stock glock triggers are is pretty decent from the factory.

6. jmurray192

jmurray192 wilsonville oregon Active Member

I use my sig for CC but I would on rare times carry it. Mostly its just a range gun. I have always wanted to play around with doing alittle of this myself. I have herd that glocks would be a good gun to learn with because of so many parts you can get and ease of taking the gun apart. I want to take the dive in. For the most part though I only see people installing the 3.5 and a polish. Im guessing I should just start here for now

Netcarrier thank you for the offer. If its ok, if I run into trouble Ill send ya a pm with my questions.
    Thanks

7. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I repeat, if you are going to carry it EVER, do not mess with the trigger. It's cool if you want to do it, power to you, but the gun should stay strictly as a range gun once you've done work to the trigger.

I've been trained as and worked as a gunsmith. I have been a factory certified armorer for Glock, Beretta, Colt, and Mossberg. I have lots of guns that I have done trigger jobs to. That being said, all the guns I carry are bone stock. I do not want to have to field the question if I'm ever involved in a shooting as to why I lightened the trigger? Do you know more than the engineers who designed the gun? Are you trying to be a cowboy? Did you really mean to shoot the individual, or did you accidentally pull the trigger as it was too light? This may sound overly cautious, but better to be safe than sorry. Just a professionals opinion. Take it for what its worth...

8. edogg

edogg Western Washington Active Member

My dad and I have had several Glock triggers worked on by Angie Butrick, "The Sightman". He's got a knack for smoothing them out without really making them lighter. I agree with MountainBear that lightening a trigger isn't the best idea for a carry gun.

Angie Butrick, The Sightman

9. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I did the 25 cent polish job with flitz, lubed the appropriate area images-1_zpsc5986341.jpg and after several hundred rounds it will indeed smooth itself out pretty nice.

I too wouldn't lighten the trigger up by installing parts or sending it in, if it's your self defense pistol.