JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm getting ready to buy a G23, but am not really sure if I need gen 4 or not. I do know that the gen 3 fit my hand well and I shot it well enough... and as we all know it's a very reliable pistol.
It is going to be my EDC unless it's hot as heck, then I will use a CW40. I will most likely put 500 rounds a year down the pipe for practice, otherwise it will just be by my side.
My question (to those that have shot both gen's).... Is it really worth it to buy the gen 4 or is it mostly for bragging rights? I know the differences, I'm just not sure the differences will help me....
whaddya think?

Can't go wrong with either one. I have the Gen 4 G22 my buddy has the Gen 3 G22. I prefer the feel of the Gen 4 and I believe my buddy would have one also if he did not have the Gen 3 already. I also believe the Gen 4 was designed more for the .40 and the dual recoil spring makes a nice shooting .40. Good luck,
Mike

I'm getting ready to buy a G23, but am not really sure if I need gen 4 or not. I do know that the gen 3 fit my hand well and I shot it well enough... and as we all know it's a very reliable pistol.
It is going to be my EDC unless it's hot as heck, then I will use a CW40. I will most likely put 500 rounds a year down the pipe for practice, otherwise it will just be by my side.
My question (to those that have shot both gen's).... Is it really worth it to buy the gen 4 or is it mostly for bragging rights? I know the differences, I'm just not sure the differences will help me....
whaddya think?

It sounds like you have already made up your mind..........and yes, the 3rd gen is the correct choice for "YOU". :s0155:

I've said it before, but everyone's hand and arms are a different size and shape. The gun which fits me best may not be right for you at all. Only you can decide.

The grip on gen III is a 2x4 compared to the gen IV.
I traded off my III for a IV about 2 months ago and would not go back. Shoots just like the gen III, but the grip change is enough to make it a keeper for me.
1200+ rounds of mixed factory ammo (PMC, blazer brass, federal) and nothing but solid reliable operation. I don't know about the rail as I do not mount flashlights, laser pointers, or photon particle disintegrators on my pistols.
I dig it.

I think you should go with whatever feels most comfortable to you. I would go to a store that has both, (yeah, good luck finding one) Then compare both side by side. I personally liked my gen 4 in a glock 17 because the spring seemed to have so much more power on ramming that round in, It also made it harder to pull the slide back, rendering my girlfriends lotiony hands incapable of loading one in the chamber... thats good for me. I traded it off and down the road came across a new gen 3 glock 17. I personally liked the gen 3 better because it was easier to pull back on the slide, but i still never had a feed failure after hundreds of rounds. Personally, I am also in the market for a small concealed pistol. I did a lot of snooping around and came across a Ruger LCP for the misses and a Kahr CM9 for myself. I haven't picked them up yet, but the day is approaching. what made you decided on the glock 23? Not that I know anything more than the average Joe, and it does come down to personal needs, but I didn't like shooting my .40 as much as i did my 9mm, since the cost of ammo was so much more for the .40. Also, If its the power you are worried about, 9mm ammo comes in lots of tasty flavors, so I have heard some of the personal defense ammo in 9mm can be just as devastating/powerful as some .40 ammo. When it comes to bragging rights, I think most would brag about the fact they have a 3rd gen. Every gun store/shooting enthusiast hasn't had many positive things to say about the gen 4. most complain about how when they first shipped the spring had a problem and caused failure, and they talk about how its unproven and unreliable still... Other than that I don't really know what to tell ya, good luck on your quest to find that perfect gun. :)
whaddya think?

whaddya think?

I have owned both Glock 22 gen 3 and 4. I currently carry a Glock 22 gen 4 as a duty weapon. My gen 4 has been very reliable have over 1000+ rounds no issues.

The new recoil spring in the gen 4 is a much better set up then the old single spring in the gen 3. But as far as comparison it is hardly noticeable unless you are looking for it.

I like the grip on the gen 4 better then the gen 3 but its always better to go with user preference. I currently use no back straps.

If I had a choice to buy a gen 3 or gen 4 I would def. buy another gen 4.

Hey LT.

I have owned both Glock 22 gen 3 and 4. I currently carry a Glock 22 gen 4 as a duty weapon. My gen 4 has been very reliable have over 1000+ rounds no issues.

The new recoil spring in the gen 4 is a much better set up then the old single spring in the gen 3. But as far as comparison it is hardly noticeable unless you are looking for it.

I like the grip on the gen 4 better then the gen 3 but its always better to go with user preference. I currently use no back straps.

If I had a choice to buy a gen 3 or gen 4 I would def. buy another gen 4.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top