JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to try the 357 sig round in my glock 22. does anyone have experience in barrel change outs and if the magazine needs to be changed as well?
what is the best brand of barrel.
all help is appreciated.
thanks

I've done several conversions on Glock pistols. It's pretty darn easy. For your conversion, you should simply need a conversion barrel as the G22 magazines will work for the .357Sig round (Glock uses the same mag for both). Barrels by Lone Wolf and Storm Lake work great - I've used both brands. Lone Wolf will usually be a bit less expensive.

You can also go down to 9mm in your G22 by swapping the barrel and the magazines. You may notice your cartridges eject in a slightly different direction, but it's not a big deal.

Now, regarding any other changes, in some cases you may need to add a different recoil spring, but I doubt you'd need it in your case.

Happy shooting

Hey Thanks for the info.
Ok . It's a Gen 3 g22.
I will look into ordering one of those this weekend. Wow that does sound simple. Bit If It Needs Some tweeking. What spring are you.talking about and how will I know?

Hey Thanks for the info.
Ok . It's a Gen 3 g22.
I will look into ordering one of those this weekend. Wow that does sound simple. Bit If It Needs Some tweeking. What spring are you.talking about and how will I know?

The spring I'm talking about is the recoil spring - the one that sits under the barrel. As I recall, on the G22, it uses the same spring as the .357 Sig model. Where you may run into an issue is if you do a 9mm conversion and use lower powered 9mm rounds - the stock G22 spring may be too stiff and the slide may not cycle properly, causing problems. You'll know you're having an issue if your rounds aren't ejecting or the slide just isn't fully cycling. But again, considering the power of the .357 Sig round, I don't think you'll run into that problem.

If that happens (I've not run into that myself, but some others have noted it), it's easy to purchase a new spring - you can get them from Lone Wolf and many other distributors such as Glockmeister.

Last Edited:
Aren't the LWs about $75 cheaper? Cause I was gunna say get a lone wolf to try it out first off.
BTW,etrain16,do you find any difference in accuracy with the Storm lakes?

I honestly haven't bench rested them to test accuracy. I can say that both barrels have functioned as expected and my shots are landing where I would expect. Really the only difference to me is the finish on the Storm Lake appears slightly better than the Lone Wolf. Really my only complaint with Lone Wolf is their Wolf logo - I think it's tacky, so I order the "blind marked" option so I don't have to look at it. Beyond that, both brands are made well and I wouldn't hesitate to buy either.

As a side note, Storm Lake also makes M&P conversion barrels. I have one for a full size M&P 40 and it works as well as the Glock barrels.

etrain, any experience with extended barrels? A site search didn't tell me much. Seems a couple of inches on a .40S&W could be a performance plus.

etrain, any experience with extended barrels? A site search didn't tell me much. Seems a couple of inches on a .40S&W could be a performance plus.

Since I don't have a Chrony, I can only speak to how the gun shoots with a longer barrel. But I happen to own both the G22 and the G35 so I'm used to the longer barrel in the G35. I will say that the longer barrel shoots better overall for me, especially with the longer slide to help with the recoil. But I have slipped my G35 barrel in my G22 before and fired it. I can't say I noticed a big difference from the shooter's perspective. It might be interesting to chronograph the difference between the two sometime and find out what you're gaining with that longer barrel.

Thanks, etrain! I'll look up the velocity specs.:)

Boy! You'd think that this information would be more readily available!:mad: I'll keep looking!

Last Edited:
I had a DragonFire barrel conversion from 10mm to 40S&W for my old Glock 20; did not chamber a round until after I cycled the action with it many many times....but just as DragonFire rep said, it "broke-in" and worked just fine.

Unless things changed: one of LWs or SLs did not offer conversions for the XD Subs; those barrels are completely different than the XD Full-Sized guns since the feed angel is different between the 4" and 3" XD versions:confused::eek::oops:.
LOL

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews