JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my son was re-assembling his Glock and when putting the top slide piece back on he managed to get the rear of the slide on to the frame but missed getting the front part of it on. And now for the life of him or me, cant seem to get it disassembled. I tried youtube and there seems to be nothing on this particular issue. Any ideas appreciated

Thanks for the one helpful reply. I have the same gun but mine is Gen 3 and I believe his is 4. Yes,, it really is his gun and his fubar. I really have no problem owning up to it if truly were me...

If you are saying he bound it up by overriding the front rails until it stuck on the rear rails, he will need to force it back forward. I have been able to do it with the palm of my hand, but you may need to try something more solid like a rubber mallet. Aim it toward a couch or something to catch the slide when it finally releases.

Most people that bind it are opposite (on the front rails but override the rear), but same result and fix.

Tell him to slow down next timeo_O

You will still need to do the usual of releasing the striker, IE pulling the trigger if the striker is cocked, and pull the slide release lever. The pistol basically thinks the slide is on correctly from the slide release back I bet. So its take apart as per usual, but you will have to give it some extra umph to get it to slide off.

Dmack, Titson, and Reno,,,,,, thank you. I gave it some muscle despite thinking it would break but it worked. Very much appreciated. I can tell you now if he does it again, he's on his own next time...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top