JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've had my Glock 21SF for about 6 months now. Have shot about 50 rounds through it. I was pushing the mag release to release a full mag and it fell out but the button was pretty stiff. Couple minutes later when I was messing with the Glock, the mag catch just fell out. I did a google search and it seems like this is pretty common with the ambi model 21SF. Anyone else have this problem. I thought these things were suppose to be indestructible. Calling Glock today to see what they have to say.

Well I just got off the phone with customer service at Glock. Very very helpful. Turns out that they are seeing this problem a lot and have discontinued the ambi SF frame. They are sending me a prepaid fedex label and will be replacing mine with their standard SF frame at no charge.

I had my doubts about the design when I first checked them out. I'm glad I held off.

I usually hold off on buying the first run of anything. Glocks are good guns, but they've had their fair share of teething problems with new models. That being said, I'd like to see them stick with the ambi release, to appeal to more buyers.

I'm on my third Glock 21SF.

First one had that big stoopid Picatinny rail hanging off the front end (and ambi magazine release). Didn't realize it before I bought the pistol, but there are hardly any holsters for a G21 size gun and that schnauzer looking rail.

Second G21SF had the much more svelte Glock rail, but also had the ambi magazine release. Put a few rounds through that pistol, fit in my holsters and everything, hated that damn magazine release. There has never been any need for it and it has never worked correctly. My biggest peeve with it was that trying to eject a full magazine just about took a 2lb hammer. That whole ambi-magazine release they cam up with is/was a cluster frack (gotta remember where I’m posting here). Glad to hear that they are discontinuing it and going back to their proven simple design. Never did get to get a magazine release to fall out.

To get the third G21SF with the Glock rail and old normal non-ambi magazine release I really had to go out of my way. Called all over this state and the Vancouver area looking for one and finally had to get one off Gunbroker. Came in from a New Mexico FFL as a Kalifornia gun with a white label and two 10-round magazines. Sucks, but I got the Glock I wanted, just had to jump through a few hoops to get there. Not too hot, not too cold, just right. Great gun and I love it.

Now, I won a certificate in the ABC House match earlier this year for a Bar-Sto barrel. Ordered it for the G21SF and waited (they're not kidding either when they say the wait will be 14 to 16 weeks for a barrel). Got the barrel here a few weeks ago and although it is a semi-drop-in (80% drop in, 20% need to be fitted) mine is in the 20%, so off it wet to Bar-Sto to get fitted. Gun will still need sights (Henie Straight 8s) and I should have the big G21SF dilemma concluded.

As a lefty, I run into ergo issues from time to time with firearms, but a mag release isn't usually the problem. I just use my index finger. I use the slide release with the left index finger as well.

Little update on my 21. I called Glock again before I sent the gun in and asked them if they could switch the frame out for one with a standard rail rather than the picatinny. They let me know that they've also discontinued the picatinny rail and my new frame will have the standard rail. Awesome!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top