JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been looking for a new pistol and i would like to maybe get a 10mm and have been looking to get a gen 4 Glock 20 but not having any luck at all. Any of you folks happen to see one in any of the local shops?

Emailed Crossroad arms and they had no glocks at all in stock. Today it seems there is a few on Gunbroker but I really don't want to spend 700+$ on one. your getting into Sig 226 territory there.

Emailed Crossroad arms and they had no glocks at all in stock. Today it seems there is a few on Gunbroker but I really don't want to spend 700+$ on one. your getting into Sig 226 territory there.

Well you won't find a 226 in 10mm so apples to oranges,but a G20 or 21 is usually around $650+ new,so $700 isn't out of the usual realm for a gen 4 gun.
At least that would seem normal to me.
Now the smaller frame glocks should be less money

Well you won't find a 226 in 10mm so apples to oranges,but a G20 or 21 is usually around $650+ new,so $700 isn't out of the usual realm for a gen 4 gun.
At least that would seem normal to me.
Now the smaller frame glocks should be less money
I am aware the 226 doesn't come in 10mm but I was pretty much looking for a new handgun and I have and have had alot of .40's but never a 10mm so that is why I was looking around for one. Now, if the cost is super high Id much rather have a Sig personally;)

If you're a reloader you MUST get a 10mm, if not then you will be paying top dollar for 40 Short & Weak power ammo with a 10mm auto stamp on the case.....couple companies make almost full power defensive loads, a fewer yet make full power defensive ammo.....no one really makes full power practice rounds.....35 bucks for watered down 10mm, not cool

I am aware the 226 doesn't come in 10mm but I was pretty much looking for a new handgun and I have and have had alot of .40's but never a 10mm so that is why I was looking around for one. Now, if the cost is super high Id much rather have a Sig personally;)

oli700 is kinda right,as most 10mm loads are little more than a 40S&W,but watching tests and shooting my G20s,the loads seem to be healthier than 40s to me
Now when I reload them they will be up to specs.So if you want something with more power than the 40,10 is for you.
But the frame needs to be heavier so the gun will be more expensive.

So if you want something with more power than the 40,10 is for you.
But the frame needs to be heavier so the gun will be more expensive.

I carry a 29 compact EDC, I have never shot a factory round through her and I load 11 grains of Blue Dot for 180 XTP's and Gold Dots....and the recoil is lovely.

When I bout the Glock I didn't like Glocks, I liked 10mm's.

I thought the 29 was going to be like holding on to a tornado, I quickly saw the genius behind the heavy overbuilt slide, flexy poly frame and dual recoil spring as 1290fps 180 grain projos are perfectly manageable....for me anyway. I have shot all steel 10's with lesser loads that stung much worse......as much as this once pained me, Glock and 10mm auto are a match made in heaven

I firmly believe the flex and absorbsion it provides will add to the longevity of the frame.....don't forget that the 20 and 29 were build around the 10mm cartridge, 90% of 1911's were built for 45 and made into 10mm so they see failures more often because the basic 1911 45 was not designed around the basically magnum status of 10mm Auto

Mine both have Lone Wolf slides and barrels.
One is a 5" ,my carry gun and one is 6.6". Some day I'll buy a chrono and see what they fly through the LW barrels at.

But really,for mrblond,if you don't believe you need the 10mm,then yes,spend the $7-800 on a Sig. Heck I love my Glocks but laugh when an ad has one for over $650.

Mine both have Lone Wolf slides and barrels.
One is a 5" ,my carry gun and one is 6.6". Some day I'll buy a chrono and see what they fly through the LW barrels at.

But really,for mrblond,if you don't believe you need the 10mm,then yes,spend the $7-800 on a Sig. Heck I love my Glocks but laugh when an ad has one for over $650.

Yeah, the prices on the gen 4 G20s are nuts. most of what I have been seeing sold on GB go for around 800.

The barrels and slides work perfect and I had the send the spring kits with the second one. The first I had them install them.They do recommend their full length guide rod for their slides.
The LW stuff is a little cheaper than the KKM but I believe that's because LW just does Glocks. KKM does lots of brands. LW does out source the machining I believe,as they have told me they needed to inspect the shipment that just came in.
Wonder where they get 'em?

I have the Double Tap,but haven't shot them,Oh yeah I did,to see if they fed. And they did.
Now I can't wait for my new Dillon to get here to load up some 10mm!:rockon:

lwd-g20l-right-full.jpg
love my G20.

you can always get a G21 and swap barrels/slides/mags.

I have a spare 6" 10mm barrel. I'm going for the threaded 6.6"

bet she's a shooter. there is a video on YT somewhere of a guy dropping a bull elk with one real similar to yours....I want to say he was using 220gr hard cast...not sure though, cool video, dead before he hit the ground !

I just got one on GB. Hopefully I will have it in hand in the next week or so.
Now, is there a place to get some cheaper practice ammo? 27$ a box of 50 is as cheap as I have seen.

Now, is there a place to get some cheaper practice ammo? 27$ a box of 50 is as cheap as I have seen.

lol....no.
27 bucks is good, and those rounds aren't going to be at all the same as full house rounds. You can shoot that 27 dollar stuff, it's like having a .22 upper so it has training value but it won't prepare you for 10mm Auto the way Col. Cooper intended it to be.

Congrats on the 20 though, you will love it, consider reloading to really take advantage

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top