Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Glock 20 9mm Conversion

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by SCannon, Nov 26, 2013.

1. SCannon

SCannon Battle Ground, WA Active Member

So my 9mm conversion barrel for my G20 arrived today with the 11lb spring. I couldn't find anything on the web about a review, so I bought it to see if it works, unfortunately I won't get to shoot it for 2 weeks (work travel). Has anyone else tried it? Suggestions, advice, pitfalls?

And no I'm not going to get rid of it and buy a 1911. I already have one.

G20.jpg

109.jpg

2. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Drop it off at my house, and I will test it for you while you're gone. Oh yeah, bring some ammo for it too.

You're welcome!!

SCannon, 308, BoonDocks36 and 3 others like this.
  3. SCannon

OK, you going to be around Friday night?

4. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

You bet I will.

5. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I wouldn't depend on it for anything serious due to the slide face being incorrect for the 9mm rim, but I plan to get a 9MM barrel for our G23s just because I can, and 9MM makes a better plinking rd economically

6. locobob

locobob Beaverton, Oregon Well-Known Member

Huh... so what magazine does this conversion use?

7. spookshack

spookshack Forest Grove, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter 2016 Volunteer

If you are going to "insult" a G20 with a 9mm conversion, than at least go with 9x25....Just sayin' lol

8. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

I'd be suprised if it would even work with a 45 extractor.

9. Blitzkrieg

Since it's a 10MM that's not an issue. 10MM extractors work OK with 9mm, but as I mentioned, the entire slide face/extractor are not exactly right so it's just for target shooting IMO

I also bought 2 of the 50 rd Korean drums for the 9MM conversion.. they are just for fun blasting

10. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

I am waiting for my 20 mm Glock Conversion Barrel.... And Slide.

As I recall, it is just a single shot.... But the projo is awesome!!!! I think it ~Might~ need a muzzle break, I'll let you know ;)

philip

11. SCannon

Same 10mm mags for 9mm

12. SCannon

Yeah, but how much does that ammo cost? More than 10mm?

13. SCannon

I would love to see that, send me a picture when you get it done

BoonDocks36 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Blitzkrieg

9MM in a G20 mag

2013_11_28_319_a3db382d9e1fd282a5f6.jpg

15. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

SCannon, its an old line, from another Forum... It was being ~visited~ By that Fellow who pushed Assault Wheelbarrows (may his name Never be Typed again...)

so he was sharing how his supressed 10" Bbl AR/M4orgery was the best of the best... I told him I thought my Thompson Contender, in 20mm Lahti was a superior weapon... We had several folks working that POV, trading reloading data, and everything... There was enough BFM to fill Several Assault Wheel barrels, and he never even caught the punny-ness of our ribbing him... It was a Happy Day, when the OK Staters (IIRC) took him off to the Grey Bar Motel, for a ~Long Stay~

anyway, I updated the story line to Glock, cause this thread is not about T-C break open funny guns, it is about serious things like Glocks.... I have Two of them

Because I got two hands bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, Bang!

I think the Glock is the Modern Day equivlant of the First Lever Actions, advertised thusly: "You can load them on Sunday, and shoot all Week"!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Day to you, when I do get my 20mm Lahti onto the Thompson-Contender, I will Post it here first!!!!!

philip

16. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

It's always fun to read Gunkid shenanigans.. what a tool.

17. SCannon

So my good friend Spray-n-pray took the gun and new barrel out yesterday to test it since I'm traveling in Europe this week. I had left him with some cheap 115gr 9mm and 5 rounds of +P to test with. He says the gun functions fine and fired all of the cheap ammunition with no issues, he didn't end up using the +P's because it cycled fine with the cheap stuff. The only problem he had was that it held the action open on with one round left in the magazine. Considering that the 10mm magazines will hold 18 of the 9mm I don't see this as an issue.

His verdict - He liked it so much that he went and bought a G20 this weekend! :bluelaugh:

G20 target.jpg