JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my 9mm conversion barrel for my G20 arrived today with the 11lb spring. I couldn't find anything on the web about a review, so I bought it to see if it works, unfortunately I won't get to shoot it for 2 weeks (work travel). Has anyone else tried it? Suggestions, advice, pitfalls?

And no I'm not going to get rid of it and buy a 1911. I already have one.

G20.jpg

109.jpg

I wouldn't depend on it for anything serious due to the slide face being incorrect for the 9mm rim, but I plan to get a 9MM barrel for our G23s just because I can, and 9MM makes a better plinking rd economically

I'd be suprised if it would even work with a 45 extractor.

Since it's a 10MM that's not an issue. 10MM extractors work OK with 9mm, but as I mentioned, the entire slide face/extractor are not exactly right so it's just for target shooting IMO

I also bought 2 of the 50 rd Korean drums for the 9MM conversion.. they are just for fun blasting

I would love to see that, send me a picture when you get it done
SCannon, its an old line, from another Forum... It was being ~visited~ By that Fellow who pushed Assault Wheelbarrows (may his name Never be Typed again...)

so he was sharing how his supressed 10" Bbl AR/M4orgery was the best of the best... I told him I thought my Thompson Contender, in 20mm Lahti was a superior weapon... We had several folks working that POV, trading reloading data, and everything... There was enough BFM to fill Several Assault Wheel barrels, and he never even caught the punny-ness of our ribbing him... It was a Happy Day, when the OK Staters (IIRC) took him off to the Grey Bar Motel, for a ~Long Stay~

anyway, I updated the story line to Glock, cause this thread is not about T-C break open funny guns, it is about serious things like Glocks.... I have Two of them

Because I got two hands bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, bang ity, Bang!

I think the Glock is the Modern Day equivlant of the First Lever Actions, advertised thusly: "You can load them on Sunday, and shoot all Week"!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Day to you, when I do get my 20mm Lahti onto the Thompson-Contender, I will Post it here first!!!!!

philip

So my good friend Spray-n-pray took the gun and new barrel out yesterday to test it since I'm traveling in Europe this week. I had left him with some cheap 115gr 9mm and 5 rounds of +P to test with. He says the gun functions fine and fired all of the cheap ammunition with no issues, he didn't end up using the +P's because it cycled fine with the cheap stuff. The only problem he had was that it held the action open on with one round left in the magazine. Considering that the 10mm magazines will hold 18 of the 9mm I don't see this as an issue.

His verdict - He liked it so much that he went and bought a G20 this weekend! :s0112:

G20 target.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads