JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Although not high on my list of must have handguns, I have a 10mm on my want to buy someday list. It's an arguable peer to the .357 Magnum, with significant tactical advantages over a wheelgun, (I say that in spite of my great affection for my 686 plus, and an inexplicable ambivilance toward Glocks) which makes it a wholelotta bang for the buck.

Although not high on my list of must have handguns, I have a 10mm on my want to buy someday list. It's an arguable peer to the .357 Magnum, with significant tactical advantages over a wheelgun, (I say that in spite of my great affection for my 686 plus, and an inexplicable ambivilance toward Glocks) which makes it a wholelotta bang for the buck.

It significantly outperforms the .357 Magnum. It's more on par with a .41 Magnum.

It significantly outperforms the .357 Magnum. It's more on par with a .41 Magnum.

Except when you compare actual ammunition manufacturers muzzle energy and muzzle velocities, then what I said actually has merit. If you are a Glock fanboy, and like winning pissing contests, then yes it significantly outperforms .357 Magnum, and is closer to a .41 Magnum.

Except when you compare actual ammunition manufacturers muzzle energy and muzzle velocities, then what I said actually has merit. If you are a Glock fanboy, and like winning pissing contests, then yes it significantly outperforms .357 Magnum, and is closer to a .41 Magnum.

OK we get it,you don't want to say the 10mm Glock out performs your wheel gun 357.
But 14 rounds of anything that is on par with or above a 357 or close to a 41mag gets my vote.
All you have to do is hand load some real 10mm or buy the better brands to get real 10mm performance.
And yes I have not just 1 but 2 g20s

I went out and shot my RIA 10mm for the first time today, about 200 rounds, including about 75 of my nuclear hand loads. It's stout but not painful. After about half a mag in my G20 I would want to stop, I'd usually only shoot one mag of the hot stuff before switching to my light loads.

OK we get it,you don't want to say the 10mm Glock out performs your wheel gun 357.
But 14 rounds of anything that is on par with or above a 357 or close to a 41mag gets my vote.
All you have to do is hand load some real 10mm or buy the better brands to get real 10mm performance.
And yes I have not just 1 but 2 g20s

A. I do like to cuddle with my 686 in a warm soft blanket, with a cup of hot cocoa and watch TV at the end of the day.

1. You never can tell what I'm polishing under my blanket.
2. If I'm watching Bill O'rielly, It's Probably the 686.

B. I haven't called anyone a Glock-tard, even once, I resent the accusation.

3. 2? I'll bet your front yard is littered with dead bears.

When I was first introduced to Glocks in 1982 I knew they were accurate enough for self defense but dismissed them as a gimmick that would not be around long. Glad I was wrong. I now own several and am constantly amazed what they can do. Off a rest I can hit more than 50% of the clay pidgeons at 100 yards. Off hand they other day I shot 14 rounds fairly quickly at 100 yards and ran a 18" group. Every shot was there. On my IHMSA 22 targets I can hit them all every time from a rest. I frequently use it varmint hunting and have shoot quite a few squirrels with it.

To keep my 10mm fed I have to fire up my Dillon 550 about twice a year and run a thousand at a time. 9.4 grain of Longshot, 180 XTP, CCI-350 magnum primer set at 1.260 OAL. Produces 1325 fps. I did have to put in a Lone Wolf barrel as with the factory 10mm barrel I was getting occasional smileys on my Starline brass.