JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just installed a threaded LW barrel in mine. Cannot wait to go shoot it!

Before:
IMG_1516.jpg

After:

Still needs thread protector... IMG_2257_zpsb474259a.jpg IMG_2258_zps833a9c87.jpg

I also got a G20 (gen 3, SF) pretty recently. I put some Ameriglo I-dot pro sights on it (same as my G17). Shoots great, and the grip fills my hand nicely. I shoot it more accurately out to 10 yds (indoor range :s0092:) than my G17 in slow fire, but for rapid fire I'm still more accurate with the 17 'cause 10mm is punchy.

I picked up a lone wolf .40 barrel for it, but haven't had a chance to use it yet (after I lost all my guns in that boating accident epidemic).

I go a LW .40 barrel for my G20 and it shoots .40 good. Got it off ebay for about $114 if I remember correctly. I like my G20 Gen 3 except the grip is too big. Ken

I've enjoyed mine (G20 SF) but still learning what it likes to shoot best. So far, it seems to like Winchester Silvertips best, but I'm trying out various Underwood loads (180 and 200 gr XTPs) with it. Have a KKM barrel on order so I can try some hard cast (Double Tap) and get better chamber support. Thinking about going to a 22lb recoil spring. Night sights and a different holster are probably down the road. My current holster is a Bianchi M12, but I catch the metal clip of the holster on my gun when drawing, so want to try something else.

thats the key for 10mm, finding good ammo unless you reload. which reminds me, i need to pick up some dies.

Another thing you may want to think about is picking up a aftermarket barrel, The stock Glock barrels don't like shooting hard cast rounds.

When I'm out in the brush, I carry my G20 with Buffalo Bore 220 grain hard cast. I've test fired 5 rounds (2 slow, and 3 rapid) and had no problems. But I'm not familiar with hard cast in glocks. Will it damage the pistol? I would like to get a LW barrel, but I've read that the fit (round into chamber) can be kind of tight and a good amount of people have had feeding problems. Is this still happening or has it been fixed?

Have officially given up on the 10MM Longslide.. LW has HORRIBLE customer service and will not sell a complete, functioning conversion. Told them that and went with KKM Precision threaded barrels

I did buy a LW G23 threaded barrel last year.. LW is blowing off a lot of sales with a not complete long slide conversion, cause I would buy one

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I had a g29 and really wanted a G20 but needed a concealed carry gun. So I sold the G29 and bought a G20 and chopped the Grip. Shoot's like a g20, conceals like a 29 and now I can hunt with it. There's nothing really bad about how the g29 shoots, it's just the longer barrel offers less muzzle flash, less muzzle rise, and better accuracy do to the sites being further apart. I also get faster follow-up shots. To me this is like having two guns in one. I carry inside the waist band so the longer barrel does not phase my concealed carry method. This may not work for somebody that appendix carries or rocks a shoulder holster but in the 4 o'clock position it works great.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

View attachment 71206View attachment 71207View attachment 71208 I had a g29 and really wanted a G20 but needed a concealed carry gun. So I sold the G29 and bought a G20 and chopped the Grip. Shoot's like a g20, conceals like a 29 and now I can hunt with it. There's nothing really bad about how the g29 shoots, it's just the longer barrel offers less muzzle flash, less muzzle rise, and better accuracy do to the sites being further apart. I also get faster follow-up shots. To me this is like having two guns in one. I carry inside the waist band so the longer barrel does not phase my concealed carry method. This may not work for somebody that appendix carries or rocks a shoulder holster but in the 4 o'clock position it works great.

I have a 29 and was perfectly happy not having a 20 until now. Thanks for ruining it for me!:)

I haven't shot a Glock in 10mm, but I love the range of power you can load the ammo (from light plinking rounds to some stout ammo for critters...2 or 4 legged) My 10mm is a 1911...to bad your not closer I would love to shoot your glock just to see the difference between the two.

The G20 has more recoil and not quite as accurate as the 1911. After shooting our G20 for eight rounds, my wife handed it back to me and finished the box of 50 with our Dan Wesson Pointman 10mm match.(a 1911) I did install the Ghost trigger kit before shooting the G20 for the first time. The factory trigger was stiff enough to pull my aim off the target when squeezing the trigger and that makes it too stiff for me.

The G20 has more recoil and not quite as accurate as the 1911. After shooting our G20 for eight rounds, my wife handed it back to me and finished the box of 50 with our Dan Wesson Pointman 10mm match.(a 1911) I did install the Ghost trigger kit before shooting the G20 for the first time. The factory trigger was stiff enough to pull my aim off the target when squeezing the trigger and that makes it too stiff for me.

I had the exact opposite experience when I shot my G20 and a 10mm 1911 side by side.

Me too! I find the recoil impulse is easier on my Glock 20SF than on my Dan Wesson CBob 10mm. I shoot both one handed, don't know if that matters or not. Gary

Most people would agree. The Glock low bore axis really helps manage recoil, especially in the Glock 20 and 21.

I bet that cbob is a sweet shooter!

Me too! I find the recoil impulse is easier on my Glock 20SF than on my Dan Wesson CBob 10mm. I shoot both one handed, don't know if that matters or not. Gary

I guess madmax8899 will have to shoot both to see what the recoil feels like to him. With my G20 being lighter, it has a lot more recoil than my 1911 10mm. My wife has the same opinion.