Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

glock 20 10 mm

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by madmax8899, May 4, 2013.

1. madmax8899

madmax8899 albany oregon Member

So I just picked up a block 20 to carry while hunting this year. I took it out and put 200 rounds of American eagle 180 gr fmj and I was blown away by its accuracy.I am used yo shooting flocks and up until the 20, my 34 was the best having almost a 5.5 barrel. Both me andmy shooting buddy shot the 20 better than any of our pistols in fact. 3-4" groups at 15 yds! Is there a reason the 10 mm seems to be so accurate? This is my first experience and I'm very impressed.

2. Gunfan

Gunfan Vancouver Member

You'll really enjoy it. When you begin shooting "real" 10mm ammunition in it, you be even more impressed!

Scott

3. maybebaby

maybebaby Auburn New Member

Get some Underwood ammo when they get it back in stock. This stuff is the real deal. The Federal ammo will feel like shooting a 40 cal.

4. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member

I have yet to shoot any 10mm. It's on my to do list, though. :)

5. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

thats the key for 10mm, finding good ammo unless you reload. which reminds me, i need to pick up some dies.

Another thing you may want to think about is picking up a aftermarket barrel, The stock Glock barrels don't like shooting hard cast rounds.

6. 4dogs

4dogs 3 miles from the range Active Member

Good ammo? Try Double Tap. Lots of bang, a bit spendy. 135 gr JHP is my favorite.

7. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

I haven't shot a Glock in 10mm, but I love the range of power you can load the ammo (from light plinking rounds to some stout ammo for critters...2 or 4 legged) My 10mm is a 1911...to bad your not closer I would love to shoot your glock just to see the difference between the two.

8. madmax8899

I've been hearing good things about the 1911 platform in 10 mm. I shoot in grants pass and talent prob at least once a month if you are close to there techieguy

9. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

I work in Medford and live out in Sam Valley... so I pretty much in the middle between Talent and Grants Pass :)

10. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Recently bought one, yet to shoot it but have the dies and such, and plenty of components

11. madmax8899

Nice! I'll pm you before I head down next and see if your available

12. Bulletsrrfriend

Bulletsrrfriend Longview Member

Start saving up and looking for a G29. It's a horrible addiction! I bought a G20SF for bowling pin matches and then I just had to have the little brother to go along with it. I used to pocket carry my G29 for my EDC, but bought a JIT slide holster and prefer it. Original specs on the cartridge from Norma was a 200gr bullet at 1200fps, most massed produced factory ammo like hornady is around 1050fps for a 200gr bullet. Buffalo Bore, Grizzly and Underwood are a couple of manufacturers that produce full power rounds. Enjoy shooting it, it will most likely become one of your favorite shooters.

13. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

Not sure about the "current crop" but 1911's in the past haven't done that well in the long term(firing full house 10mm). The Glock 20 is a winner. So is the Witness, but get heavier recoil springs.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  14. madmax8899

Already got my eye out for a g29 for edc haha!!

15. Twodogs

Twodogs portland Or Active Member

I've got a Glock 20-c and a Dan wesson razorback had 5 or 6 other 10MM's
    My standard load is 9.5grs of longshot with a 180gr bullet.

16. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Mine's getting the full Lone Wolf longslide treatment, and a red dot like a Docter

17. madmax8899

Thats gunna be awesome. I like lone wolf stuff

18. madmax8899

I mirror polished all the internal contacting parts on the g20 and my 22/45. Turned out really well. Definitely smoothed the pull and probably shaved half s pound off the triggers. Already did 2 of my buddies glocks after he shot both back to back haha.

19. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I've been thinking of doing something similar with mine. Interested to hear your thoughts on the upgrades.

20. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

Id like to get a lonewolf barrel for mine, not sure about a new slide though. I was thinking on just getting the standard length barrel.