JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently have been thinking about buying a spare complete Glock 19 Gen 5 frame and having it cut to Glock 26 length for work carry.(Standard Glock 19 grip length prints with our work shirts)
Has anyone had good results getting similar work done?

I recently have been thinking about buying a spare complete Glock 19 Gen 5 frame and having it cut to Glock 26 length for work carry.(Standard Glock 19 grip length prints with our work shirts)
Has anyone had good results getting similar work done?
You rarely see a Gen5 frame for sale.
What about a police trade G27 ? Of course it would be .40
Used Gen 3 Glock 27 40 S&W Pistol for sale by Recoil Gunworks of Salem Indiana

Also, you could check with one of our sponsors, @LuckySG
He mods Glocks and may be able to fix you up.

You rarely see a Gen5 frame for sale.
What about a police trade G27 ? Of course it would be .40
Used Gen 3 Glock 27 40 S&W Pistol for sale by Recoil Gunworks of Salem Indiana
Also, you could check with one of our sponsors, @LuckySG
He mods Glocks and may be able to fix you up.

Nah, not really a fan of .40, I also want a chopped Glock 19 for the extra barrel length and sight radius.
The point for me would be that I can have a complete Glock 19 frame chopped for work carry and then for every other day I can swap out the frame for the standard Glock grip size and capacity.

I will have to keep an eye on Lucky's project, but I specifically do want a Gen 5 frame because I hate how the finger grooves feel on the Gen 3 and 4 Glocks. That was a huge reason on my purchase of my Gen 5 Glock 19 it feels way better in the hand than the finger groove Glocks. Also Ambidextrous slide release lever. If only they would make the magazine release ambi,like on the XD series.

Last Edited:
Nah, not really a fan of .40, I also want a chopped Glock 19 for the extra barrel length and sight radius.
The point for me would be that I can have a complete Glock 19 frame chopped for work carry and then for every other day I can swap out the frame for the standard Glock grip size and capacity.

I will have to keep an eye on Lucky's project, but I specifically do want a Gen 5 frame because I hate how the finger grooves feel on the Gen 3 and 4 Glocks. That was a huge reason on my purchase of my Gen 5 Glock 19 it feels way better in the hand than the finger groove Glocks. Also Ambidextrous slide release lever. If only they would make the magazine release ambi,like on the XD series.
I don't think Glock has released stripped Gen 5 frames for sale yet.

I believe that the Gen 5 (and Gen 4) mag release button can be flipped for lefties.

Polymer Refined does some knock-yer-socks-off stippling, finger groove delete and mag button dish.
There's a lot of Bubba-level stippling going on, but these guys are artists.
Home <linky
evbbqt.jpg
Gen 3

So it's possible to delete the finger grooves on an older Gen and have it look professional.

I don't think Glock has released stripped Gen 5 frames for sale yet.

I believe that the Gen 5 (and Gen 4) mag release button can be flipped for lefties.

Polymer Refined does some knock-yer-socks-off stippling, finger groove delete and mag button dish.
There's a lot of Bubba-level stippling going on, but these guys are artists.
Home <linky
View attachment 489970
Gen 3

So it's possible to delete the finger grooves on an older Gen and have it look professional.
I am not a fan of stippling and I don't want to have to pay to remove the finger grooves,which IMO should have never been there in the first place.
Worst case scenario I buy a second Glock 19 to have the frame cut. I also prefer the factory look, which I would want the Glock 26L conversion to look as factory as possible.

I am not a fan of stippling and I don't want to have to pay to remove the finger grooves,which IMO should have never been there in the first place.
Worst case scenario I buy a second Glock 19 to have the frame cut. I also prefer the factory look, which I would want the Glock 26L conversion to look as factory as possible.
A Gen 2 does not have finger grooves and they come up for sale from time to time.
Sometimes a bargain can be found.
Gen2 G19
411546287.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads