JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an old (first generation, I believe) Glock 19. Does anyone know if the current new magazines (generation 4 and 5) will work in the older pistols? CDNN is offering the new magazines at an attractive price, and am considering picking up a few. Thanks.

I have an old (first generation, I believe) Glock 19. Does anyone know if the current new magazines (generation 4 and 5) will work in the older pistols? CDNN is offering the new magazines at an attractive price, and am considering picking up a few. Thanks.

There were no Gen 1 G19, most likely a Gen 2 (below photo Gen 1 on the bottom thru Gen 5 on the top) The answer to your question is yes newer Glock mags will work in older Glocks.

487a71e6ae12bbdf000dcae80f33474d.jpg

Arent the gen5 baseplates different? I know 4 and below will work, only difference is that rhey are cut in both sides for the mag catch.

I think what you are referring to the G19X as originally done for the military had that stupid tit on the front mag well and the even dumber duck bill mag plates to accommodate. That should not be the case with "regular" Gen5 guns and won't apply to the OP.

There were no Gen 1 G19, most likely a Gen 2 (below photo Gen 1 on the bottom thru Gen 5 on the top) The answer to your question is yes newer Glock mags will work in older Glocks.

View attachment 723063
Is the reverse true as well? Older mags will work in the newer Glocks?

Edit:
I see a reply addressing this after I had asked. Looks like all mags are good to go in all Gens.

If other companies made guns that took Glock mags I might buy one. Not because Glocks are best.. or Glock mags are best.. it's just simple. I have more Glock 17 mags than anything else.. they fit just about all of my handguns.

If other companies made guns that took Glock mags I might buy one. Not because Glocks are best.. or Glock mags are best.. it's just simple. I have more Glock 17 mags than anything else.. they fit just about all of my handguns.

In addition to the Sub2000 mentioned above, the Ruger PCC takes Glock mags
Ruger® PC Carbine™ Autoloading Rifle Model 19100

and plenty of AR PCC take Glock mags...
Best Pistol Caliber AR-15 Carbines (That Take Glock Mags) - Pew Pew Tactical

So does the ZEV OZ9...
Shop ZEV > Pistols > OZ9
and the Maxim 9...
SilencerCo Maxim 9 Integrally Suppressed 9mm Pistol - Silencers Online
and Kriss Vector
Vector SDP - KRISS USA
Glockish clone...
Multi-Brand Low Profile Red Dot Optic Mount Pistol - MR920