JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Definitely a 19. Even has Gen4 rollmarked on the slide. No time to shoot it yet. Planning on Mon or Tuesday evening depending on work. My first glock so I can't really comment on how it compares to previous model generations, but I love it already.

Hey guys. So I got a chance to shoot my new Gen4 G19. This thing is SWEEEET. :D. Feels great in my hand, and put 250 rounds through it without a hitch, including using the OEM 33rd mags. I had done the Crayola trick to fill in the rollmarks on the slide to see if I liked it. I do. However, after a quick 33rd mag the slide got hot enough that some of the wax came out in the word "Austria" as seen in the pics below. Oh well. I do like the look though. When the wax gets too crappy looking I'll find some paint to use that can handle a hot slide.

On a related note, I really need to work on using the Glock trigger. I was shooting respectable groups with slow controlled fire, but even these tended to be hitting at 9 oclock relative to my intended point of aim. I am positive that this is due to my lack of experience on a double action trigger. I'm used to light single action triggers of 22LR pistols and more recently my CZ75b.

Any general tips for someone who is pulling his groups to the left? Snap caps are arriving tomorrow. Any tips on how best to practice with them? :s0155:

View attachment 203813

View attachment 203814

I was shooting low and to the left with my Glock. To fix this, I practice dry firing by picking a spot on the wall, aiming at it with a dime balanced on my front site and slowly pulling the trigger. If the dime falls, I'm missing my target. Lots of practice doing this tightened up my groups quite a bit and put me in the bullseye with a lot more consistency than I had before. Also, after your first shot, only release the trigger until you feel it click and reset. This will shorten your next trigger pull considerably. Congrats on the new Glock! Hope this helps.

I'm used to light single action triggers of 22LR pistols and more recently my CZ75b.

Kind of off topic, but how do you like your CZ75B? I'm in the market for a hi-cap 9mm and have been looking at the CZ and the XDm. I love my XDsc but also like the idea of the single action on the CZ...

Kind of off topic, but how do you like your CZ75B? I'm in the market for a hi-cap 9mm and have been looking at the CZ and the XDm. I love my XDsc but also like the idea of the single action on the CZ...

I love mine so far. Got a used matte stainless version in 9mm. Only put about 500 rounds thru it so far but it an easy gun to shoot accurately due to its weight and the nice trigger; it's a GREAT range gun IMO.

Disclaimer: I'm pretty new to centerfire semi auto pistols, so I couldn't really tell you how it compares to other popular guns.

I had the opportunity to shoot one last night and I didn't even realize it was a 4th gen. I immediately noticed the checkering when I picked it up, but figured they changed that mid-3rd gen run or something. What can I say, it was a long day at work :D

I really liked it, but I wish I would have shot it more and looked for the differences between it and my beloved 3rd gen. Ah well, next time!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top