1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. Dismiss Notice

Glock 17 With A Roni SBR Kit and a gemtech suppressor

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by williamcjones1988, Apr 7, 2011.

  1. williamcjones1988

    williamcjones1988 Portland, OR Member

    Likes Received:
    :Dthinking of building a sbr now my question is because im not made of money and my money tree has yet to bloom if i buy the glock then the roni kit pay for the tax stamp and convert the glock legally to a SBR then later down the road buy a gemtech suppressor do i have to pay an additional 200 :confused:
  2. PhysicsGuy

    PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

    Likes Received:
    To be safe, you're going to want to pay the $200 for the SBR stamp and wait for approval before getting a stock kit (while having a glock in your possession).

    And yes, you have to pay one tax stamp for every NFA item (one for the SBR, one for suppressor)
  3. Nwcid

    Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    Yes, the ONLY way to only pay one stamp is to do an integral suppressor that keeps the OAL length of the gun over 26" with a barrel length of 16" or greater. As stated each NFA item has its own tax and own serial number.

    Since there is no SBR in my state I had to go the integral route on my 9mm AR.


    One more minor exception is if you have a MG (which would take the $200 stamp), you don't need a "SBR/SBS" stamp since MG trumps them. If you added a silencer that is a separate item and would need to pay that tax.
  4. Rammit

    Rammit Bothel Member

    Likes Received:
    While you would not NEED the form 4 to own the stock kit, things could go very bad if you had the g17 and stock in the same general area, aka same household. If you were set on having a shoulder mounted g17 I would send in the paperwork to the atf before ordering any parts. But each additional NFA item needs its own tax stamp, SBS/SBR are over ruled by the Machine gun stamp unless you add a can as the above poster mentioned. The feds have to collect their money somehow