JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since I'm big into keeping a tac light on my larger defense pistols, it is important to note that the benefit of the reduced slide length of the 19 is basically lost since most tac lights extend out as far as a 17 slide would go, anyway.

Which is why you need both. G17 with a light, G19 or G26 for concealed carry. The G19 is the "If you must have only one" kind of gun. Compact with full grown capacity.

Which is why you need both. G17 with a light, G19 or G26 for concealed carry. The G19 is the "If you must have only one" kind of gun. Compact with full grown capacity.

Actually, the G19 is the model that does nothing well. Not as comfortable and easy to shoot as the G17, and not compact enough for deep concealed carry, like the G26.

It is thus a compromise gun. And that is all that it has to offer: compromises.

Actually, the G19 is the model that does nothing well. Not as comfortable and easy to shoot as the G17, and not compact enough for deep concealed carry, like the G26.

It is thus a compromise gun. And that is all that it has to offer: compromises.

I dont see that it compromises anything. Its more to hold onto than the 26 while being shorter on both axis than the 17. The world would be fine if all handguns were Glocks and all Glocks were G19s. In the terms of practical defensive pistol shooting, it really has no rival for beginners or experts alike.

Like I said, SF, MARSOC, NSW, all shoot Glock 19s. NSW was able to get rid of two pistols by adopting the G19 without sacrificing firepower or concealability for 1/4 the price.

Just as the G23 was available for FBI agents, so will the G19.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top