JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I disagree about the 43. Very thin guys may need the 43 to conceal, and certainly there is a place for that pistol. But the 26 is the exact same size as the 43, just a little wider. And the 26 is able to use the same mags as the 34/17/19. I can conceal my 26 without ANY problems. Unless someone is planning on putting on a tac light, I actually think the 26 is superior to the 19 in a lot of ways.

I disagree with your disagree. :p

Had a 26 for a while and hated it. Tried several holsters... IWB, OWB, no luck with good concealment in summer attire (shorts and T-shirt). I am not super thin, 6'1" and 215. The 43 is just much more of a pleasure to carry and much easier to conceal, FOR ME. If it's late fall / winter / early spring and I am wearing a hoody or jacket then give me the 19.

It's all personal preference OP. Try and handle them all and see what works for you. I can tell you I have personally carried a 17, 19, 26, and 43 in multiple holsters. I landed on 43 for fair weather carry and 19 for most of the rest of the time (which I could switch out for 17 arguably).

27-34-17-26-19-43 HIKE! For the original poster being new, this has to confuse the heck out of him. It does me, not being a Glock fan. I would have to go google them all just to find our what you are all talking about. o_O

I carry a 17 on duty (plain clothes LE currently), and usually a 19 or 43 off duty. I used to carry the 19 on duty but I found I do shoot the 17 a little better and it's a little more comfortable in the hand.

If your primary concern is daily concealed carry then I would vote 19. ...
OR, better yet, a 43 for carry and a 17 for range duty! ;)
i shoot a 17 and 22 better than my EDC 23. plain clothes LEO huh? if you work in salem ive prob have seen you at adams ribs during lunch hours! i see a lot of plain clothes LEOs there. usually thursday!:D

Buy the 19 to carry.

Get a 17 for the range.

Buy the 26 for science reasons.

Buy the 43, because.

Problem solved.

The G19 is a great all around gun. I have carried a P226 which is much larger and heavier. The G19 matches P226 firepower with 15+1 capacity and I've found it easier to shoot, especially one hande.

Im a bigger guy and can CC a G17/22. I only do it if Im out at night and want to have a gun with a light.

Buy the 19 to carry.

Get a 17 for the range.

Buy the 26 for science reasons.

Buy the 43, because.

Problem solved.
Science reasons, LOL. I have a KelTek P3AT that is smaller than the 43 but I usually carry the 26 instead. I'm not big but I can carry it comfortably. I have pants specifically an inch or two bigger and I put the gun high over my hip bone. The frame hangs over the front of the hip, and the grip over the back. Took me forever to find a comfortable position that doesn't print much. I use a Versacarry or a DeSantis E1, canted forward slightly. Versacarry is lower profile and doesn't have a metal clip to scratch stuff and put holes in shirts, DeSantis is slightly easier to re-holster and prettier. With the magazine extensions I shoot a 26 about as well as I shoot a 19. With the 33 round mag at the range, I have to fight the urge to turn the gun sideways and yell hiphop stuff. Which I would probably get wrong anyway. ;)

27-34-17-26-19-43 HIKE! For the original poster being new, this has to confuse the heck out of him. It does me, not being a Glock fan. I would have to go google them all just to find our what you are all talking about. o_O
Glocks aren't as bad as the old S&W's, with zillions of 4-digit names that required a decoder ring. And the Glock numbers make no real sense since they are merely in numerical order for when they were released.

Glock people like me, tend to know every single Glock # like the back of our hand and throw them out like popcorn. Every now and then when I'm bored I just start from 17 in my head and go up to 43, trying to see each one in my head.

Then I dream of the new Glock 44, a 9mm carbine, and the Glock 45, the new carbine in 45acp. I can't wait!!

I am thinking about getting a Glock 17 or a Glock 19.

What are some of the differences I should be aware of?

How much for a new Glock 19 gen 4?

The FBI recently chose the Glock 17 for their current issue handgun.

You should too.

I originally bought the Glock 19 just a couple of months after it was introduced. However, I hated the ergonomics of how it felt in my hand. I ended up selling it 2 years later, and bought a Glock 17 to replace it.

Since I'm big into keeping a tac light on my larger defense pistols, it is important to note that the benefit of the reduced slide length of the 19 is basically lost since most tac lights extend out as far as a 17 slide would go, anyway.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top