JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have personally owned every compensated Glock model and I think it's wasted on the 9mm versions. Not enough muzzle rise on the 17 to even need it to be compensated. (my opinion) Now on my G20c and G31c it's a different story. Yes at night it adds some serious flash (looks cool though) but hinders sight and shooting indoors can cause some problems at times as well. All around I'd say only get it if you're like me and have to own every Glock pistol or want to have an added cool factor to your Glock. Personally I have never seen or experienced any advantage to my G17c over my G17 besides people thinking it looks cooler. And I don't like the gunk buildup in the ports either but I keep my pistols pristine so it never was really a problem... :) I'd also love to hear more folks chime in on this as well

http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/media/Glock/Glock_compensator.jpg

I had a 17c, and put an unported G34 barrel(longer) in it, no difference in recoil. I agree, wasted on the 9mm, and did get messy with the ported barrel as far as clean-up in the slide. Looked cool though with the ports in the slide, and the longer barrel,lol.

The ported Glock 17 I saw was a used model. The ports where oblong and at the end of the slide. He had an extended magazine plus, the two magazines that came with it. A laser (red) was also included. He was asking $500.00 with the box (woopie)!
Maybe, I should just add a couple more bucks and buy the 4th generation model 17?
Your thoughts?

The ported Glock 17 I saw was a used model. The ports where oblong and at the end of the slide. He had an extended magazine plus, the two magazines that came with it. A laser (red) was also included. He was asking $500.00 with the box (woopie)!
Maybe, I should just add a couple more bucks and buy the 4th generation model 17?
Your thoughts?

With accessories thats a decent price, and with haggling skills might be an even better deal...! Just take into consideration what's been said thus far. Also the 4th gens are pretty sweet yet so is a laser and extra mags on a 3rd gen! In the end its personal preference and ammount of funds you have to play with....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top