JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I have a brand new in the box Qualcomm GSP-1600 Globalstar Satellite phone for sale. New they go for $299.99, please check out Globalstars website to verify. ( <broken link removed> )

$250 OBO, OR what do you have to trade?

Item is NEW in Box, comes with phone, battery, wall charger and user manuals. This phone is new and has never had service activated on it, you will have to contact Globalstar to set that up.

th_68827_IMAG0145_122_10lo.jpg th_68828_IMAG0146_122_504lo.jpg th_68831_IMAG0147_122_386lo.jpg
th_68842_IMAG0148_122_144lo.jpg th_68849_IMAG0149_122_244lo.jpg

Please feel free to contact me for additional info.

Thanks.

I have had some existing members PM me telling me I was trying to rip them off by selling this phone. Globalstar has some issues, take a look at their website, this "news" is no big secret in the satellite communications world. They have a large amount of satellites in their constellation that have fallen to problems that are unrepairable, this causes call drops and much difficulty in even getting a signal. They do work however you just have to be a little patient and put yourself in the best position to use.

Globalstar will be launching their Gen 2 constellation starting this year and it will be up and running mid Q2 or Q3 of 2010. The GSP-1600 will work on this new constellation once it is up and running. Globalstar is very low on stock of this phone, they have a newer and smaller GSP-1700 that retails for $1000, so this is a nice and affordable solution that works just as good, its just twice as big, but for the money its hard to complain. This is a fantastic price, you can buy the phone now and either activate it or wait, you can call Globalstar and they will put it on a $0 monthly plan (actually you pay something like $5 or $10 a month for taxes) and pay per minute if you use it. They have a "GAP" tool that will estimate when you can use it for up to 3 or 4 days. I have used these phones and yea you have to play around with them a little bit, but come on when your hunting I don't think its that much of a problem to wait 5 or 15 minutes to just let people know you are okay. If you have any questions or concerns please just ask me. Thanks.

I have also had the question posed if its such a great deal then why not keep it, I work for a communications company that owns and rents 5 of these. Why pay for something myself when I can use it for free from the company! I took a GSP-1600 to Hells Canyon this year on a hunting trip, my buddies and myself put about 30 minutes on the phone. And yea we had to play around with it a little, but it worked for the intended purpose. For non life threatening communication this thing works great, buy a SPOT if you want emergency part taken care of. I sell them so if you really want to know more about spot check this and and send me a message. www.findmespot.com

Last Edited:
Yea Globalstar is pretty hit and miss these days. We are right at about a year until the new Gen II constellation is up and running, then it will be back to full service and ultra reliable.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top