Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Global warming !!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Chee-to, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

3012bsz.jpg

2. unionguy

unionguy Portland Active Member

3. servingu

servingu Vancouver (not BC) WA (not DC) Member

Didn’t they change it from Global Warming to Climate change? This is such a crock. They pick and chose data that they want and then lie about it.

globalwarminghoax.com

4. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

HA!

uh oh... I'm about to go knucking futs about Al Gore. Careful what you type, your on his internet.

LOL.

5. slingshot1943

slingshot1943 salem or Well-Known Member

They can't seem to get thier lies straight. If there is a lack of snow it's global warming, if there is a lot of snow it's global warming.

6. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

If you think about all the money spent on changeing our world because of this lie then you might realize the progressives have done this. Want to know where all your jobs went? They went to china as the progressives lied about global warming and changed the ways we produce things.

jj

7. unionguy

Our Forefathers were men of reason and science. We have politicized science and disparage reasoned debate and yet we wonder why our once great nation is in decline. Yes, when forced to chhose between research funded ny exxonmobil or NASA, i will choose NASA.

8. ZachS

ZachS Eugene/PDX Active Member

You think jobs went to China for some other reason than their cheap labor and our free trade laws? There still aren't any meaningful laws in the US (or treaties we've agreed to) designed to reduce carbon emissions. I'm not sure what the progressives have to do with any of this... :confused:

9. unionguy

Our jobs are in China due to 'free trade' (really just treaties that protect capital but not workers or the environment). That was/is a conservative idea and now dogma. Unfortunately too many liberals like Clinton and Obama have signed on to that nonsense too. The only people fighting these one-sided treaties are progressives. Get your facts right. Calling something 'progressive' over and over doesn't make it true (Unless of course, you are calling George W. Bush and Reagan a 'progressive'? In which case I don't know what you even mean by the word.)

The only real 'conspiracy' (except it is public) is the lowering of workers' wages all around the world, but especially in America so that more and more profits go to the top. Check it out...its happening. We are becoming a more and more stratified society with more and more wealth at the top. If you think that's good for democracy, for capitalism, or even gun-owners' rights...I think you are mistaken.

10. Just Jim

Being a union guy I doubt you will ever know the facts. Capitalism hasn't had a chance to work in this country because of government intervention that won't allow it. That government interfearence started with the progressives back at Teddy Roosevelts time and has progressivaly ruined our nation.

Our businesses found cheaper labor overseas because of too much government interfearence. Too high of taxes and unions demanding too high of wages drove them to find a better place to do business. Progressives have used every tool from man caused global warming to animal rights activist to drag this country down.

Now we add in the government unions that vote taxes on the workers of this country to pay for union workers and you see how the country will soon be destroyed. Add in the indoctrination by progressives in education and you have pure government propaganda.

You better study what a progressive really is because your country is going to be pure crap before long. Only choice you have now is to help them by being a usefull idiot or learn what is happening to your country.
    jj

11. shockercustoms

shockercustoms Forest Grove, Oregon Member

:eatpop:

12. Just Jim

:bluelaugh::bluelaugh::bluelaugh: fence sitter :bluelaugh::bluelaugh:

jj

13. Just Jim

14. Just Jim

15. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Glo-ball warming? Yeah I really believe Al Gore and NASA. :storm:

16. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

I'm going to be more interested in a 2000 year trend before jumping on any one boat.
    As old as the earth is, taking a 100+ year section of value variables and attempting to forecast future climate is like "confusing the weather for the climate."

A hundred years in the lifetime of the earth could be compared to mere minutes to our lifetimes. Therefore it would be foolish to establish a "global climate epidemic" on mere seconds of data.

17. mattg521

mattg521 portland.,or Member

:huh:Hmmm, I wonder where all the Arctic and Antarctic pack ice has gone?
    Glaciers anyone?

18. CVMustang

CVMustang Hillsboro Member

Those of us with common sense and the ability to use logic know the truth about phony "global warming", the fools who think the temperature changing 1 degree in 100 years is a problem, are not worth arguing with. What is amazing to me is that anyone would expect the temperature to stay exactly the same all the time. What happened to the Ice age we were warned about in the 70's?

19. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

So, according to NASA(now) we have experienced 1.4 degrees F. temp rise in 130 YEARS.
    Or would you rather believe the British and U.N. propaganda?
    Oh boy, let's Cap and TAX(save the world!).
    Morons!

20. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

Add in the court system as one of thier farvored tools.

When you find a warmist that will actually debate and you shoot down all of thier lies armed with facts thay always finish with a line similar to this, 'the trend for the last 150 years is warming.' This statement is actually true, that's why they save it for when nothing else flies. 150 years ago we came to the end of the Little Ice Age. Don't you think that as we exit something named the Little Ice Age that temps might rise a degree or so? And if they didn't, woudn't we still be in the Little Ice Age?