JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was eagerly looking forward to returning to our local range. It was closed for several months due to the pandemic. It recently reopened with restrictions and conditions. One of those conditions is that all shooters must wear a mask. Unfortunately, I wear glasses and fogging is a big problem with a mask.
I've always had a fogging problem while shooting. At our range, as in probably all ranges, we all must wear shooting glasses. I've been able to deal with it by careful placement of my Rx glasses and shooting glasses so as to get as much air circulation as possible. But now the mask makes it twice as problematic.
I've tried various kinds of defogging applications on my Rx glasses and shooting glasses. Nothing works as well as I want. What I need are goggles with little fans in them. Haber, and a few others, make goggles with a little fan in them. But safetyglassesusa.com, which sells them, does not recommend them for glasses wearers due to physical interference between fan unit and the wearer's glasses. There are lots of anti-fogging goggles out there, but none address fogging of one's Rx glasses.
Has anyone else had to deal with this? Have you found a solution?

You likely need a better fitting mask. Something with a shapeable nose bridge so you can get a better seal on your nose will help.

A strip of athletic tape over the top of the mask would probably do the trick as well.

Buy a different mask. One that's form fitting around your nose specifically, or if you can find one, an N95 with the one way out valve. We have those at work for the concrete crews and they work well

I think a Hannibal lector mask would work. You know they done really specify what kind of mask or where worn. Lone ranger, Batman, mask with hole cut out so you can breath. We need them to be specific like the retarded laws.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top