JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
7 5/8 spacing. Has two piece bottom metal A6BE7B0D-2CAE-4017-8BDE-2788262262BE.jpeg 73C97744-AA20-47AC-85D7-40B015601E13.jpeg

...Don't let the angled recoil lug scare you, just make sure you use plenty of release agent and bed everything tight. My best suggestion is to leave the speed bumps and just bed the recoil lug of the rifle. Don't bed the tang, it's not necessary, if you leave the speed bumps. You'll still have 3 points of contact that way and it's more than sufficient for optimized accuracy of your rifle. ...

Thanks for the advice on bedding M77s. I have a question … what are the "speed bumps"? :confused: And ...

By bedding just the recoil lug are you talking of just the region behind the lug and not bedding any part of the action or chamber region of the barrel?

I appreciate your wisdom in the matter!

7 5/8 spacing. Has two piece bottom metal View attachment 624833View attachment 624834

Thank you! Yes I'll take it off your hands!

I'll figure out a way to make it work. I'm guessing a wood block shaped to fit the recess and a slip on recoil pad should do it, the .257 Roberts does not recoil much. I'm also thinking I'll cut it down with a band saw and save the cut off piece. I can then put a longer wood block in place and slip the cut piece back on over the block, that should allow me to lengthen it when (if) she grows any taller. I can hollow out the wood block quite a bit if this ends up being too butt heavy. I can also install the rear sling swivel stud into this block for a solid mount.

If anybody has and ideas or suggestions I'm all ears. I'm not sure yet just how far I'll need to cut it down, but a Russian build SKS is a tiny bit long for her right now.

I'll PM you in a moment to make arrangements. Man I'm excited to get her off the SKS and onto something with decent sights and trigger.

Oh my SKS trigger ... that's a tale for another thread. I've done a great deal to "improve" it ... if you can call going from absolute crap to merely aweful an improvement! ;)

I would like to know more about the Devcon bedding process, especially how you removed the excess from the action and stock.

But am I the only person who noticed that clean orderly workshop?

Thanks for the advice on bedding M77s. I have a question … what are the "speed bumps"? :confused: And ...

By bedding just the recoil lug are you talking of just the region behind the lug and not bedding any part of the action or chamber region of the barrel?

I appreciate your wisdom in the matter!
DLS, I glass bedded my Ruger m77 mkII 300wm just for you. No not really, I did it because it's a stock I bought cheap off of ebay and I always glass bed my Rugers. Well, I always glass bed all my rifles :D. Here's how she turned out:
X0wQ1df.jpg

This is what I was talking about, when I said bedding the recoil lug area. I will also put a little bedding compound under the rear tang, if the action rocks in the stock: As this one did. That way when you tighten your action screws, it doesn't put your receiver in a bind. To attain the most accuracy from your rifle, you want your action to be held firmly and true with no stress. This is what some refer to as stress free/neutral bedding. I'll take this 300wm out this weekend and see how she does. I'm thinking it will shoot very well, as it shot very good in its boat paddle stock... :
V1P7IGd.jpg
I wanted this laminated stock because its heavier than the boat paddle stock, the recoil pad is thicker and absorbs more recoil. It also has a left hand cheek piece, since I shoot left handed.. I'm hoping its more of a puzzy cat to shoot off the bench now. We shall see this weekend though.. Wish me luck!!:)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top