JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found this forum while searching for outdoor shooting sites and really like it.

I have lived in Hillsboro, OR for almost 20 years now and have enjoyed shooting nice airguns with my son until he was old enough to handle shotguns since we live close to the Hillsboro Skeet & Trap Club about 10 years ago.

I could not find many places to shoot pistols or rifles so we stuck with shotguns until he hurt his shoulder. Now that he's back from college and living in the area again we have decided to shoot pistols and have been getting educated by going to gun shows and lots of internet research.

For a starter pistol I chose a Beretta Neos as it felt so good in my hand and I liked the high tech look of it. My son is leaning towards a revolver so we're looking forward to the upcoming gun shows in Portland to see some more in person. I would be interested in suggestion for gun dealers in the area and good online resources.

I have also been considering a concealed weapon for personal safety so I'm looking for both OR CHL and Basic Handgun Training in the Beaverton/Portland area if folks have any suggestions. I did come across Blackstone Gun Safety and spoke at length with Dan Blackstone who was very generous with his time.

I have read some of the posts about sites in Tillamook Forest and possible cleanup days where volunteers are needed. That is something I'm interested in doing as a way to meet other like minded folks as well as giving back to the community.

I look forward to learning more and sharing experiences with folks on this forum!

If you go to the Expo gun shows talk to Corvallis Guns (used to be ABG). We have bought a number of guns from them and always got a reasonable deal, quality service and knowledgeable answers.

Welcome to the forum neuwallisdorf! Good to have you here. If you want to check gun reviews online, don't forget to use YouTube. There are a ton of video reviews by folks, some by your average Joe and others by folks who have come to make a living (at least partially) off of YouTube gun videos. A lot of information for free out there, including suggestions on concealed carry.

Welcome! There's lots of info to be had here from the membership. A lot good people on this site. One of the best selection and prices on firearms can be had at Northwest Armory. Now, I hear there's a second one opened up in Tigard. I've only shopped at their Millwaukie store and it's always been a good experience. When you get to a gun show, go early and get to the Kieth's tables, the most firearms displayed from one dealer anywhere around, and possibly the best prices too.

Mike

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top