JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What an idiot! Now with prior convictions included he's off to the big house.
Very lucky indeed for the person hit that the bullet went through two walls and a picture frame and scrubbed off enough energy before impact. He's an azz hat for sure.:mad:
As a side note, if he'd have shot a .45acp, the bullet would have probably just pancaked in the second wall:s0093::rolleyes:

I liked the article. ( Didn't like what the article was about )
Straight and to the point.
No "We need to ban or do something... " type sound bites.
Also the posting the "4 cardinal rules" of gun safety was a nice touch.

Glad no one was seriously hurt.
And yes a closing of the "Stupid Neighbor Loophole" would be nice.
Andy

As a side note, if he'd have shot a .45acp, the bullet would have probably just pancaked in the second wall:s0093::rolleyes:
If the stupid neighbor used a .45acp ...His house , the fence and the neighbor's house would have been destroyed ... I know this 'casue I played this video game and saw this movie and it happens all the time in the "news"...:p:D
Andy

In the article the phrase "Alcohol or drugs may be a factor" was used so I get that the following may not really matter in this case.

I do wish that folks had a better understanding of what a bullet does or can do after it is fired.
Not saying that we all need to be ballistic masters , but just a basic working knowledge of what will deflect or stop a bullet.
The understanding that just 'cause this object stopped or deflected a bullet once doesn't mean that it will do it again.
That sorta thing.

A fun video to watch that is on YouTube is : Infantry Weapons and Their Effects.
Watch the one that reads "Better sound..."
It is a 1943 training film and showcasing everything from the 1911A1 to the 57mm anti-tank gun.
( Not sure how to post a link ... sorry :oops: )
Andy

What an idiot! Now with prior convictions included he's off to the big house.
Very lucky indeed for the person hit that the bullet went through two walls and a picture frame and scrubbed off enough energy before impact. He's an azz hat for sure.:mad:

...and if it had been a 10mm, he wouldn't have survived even having lived in the next county over..... :eek:

tac

What about a Desert Eagle? .50AE:eek::eek::eek:

.50AE? Fie, Sir, and La. A squickpeep by comparison, or so they say.........I remember having one of those Desert Eagly things, but I never had a 10mm anything, and now I know why. The impact of that mighty bullet with the our range backstop would probably have caused dams in the Carpathians to crack and bust.

tac

S#!+ on new year's in spanaway WA the police where called to a house for a man shooting guns and when they got there they found a guy passed out on his front lawn he had AR 15 AND A HAND GUN AND HAD FIRED MORE THAN 60 ROUNDS IF I REMEMBER RIGHT LOL IDIOT

Guy sounds like he may be a scumbag, that said charging assault unless lowered may get him off, since there is no provable intent (quoted: police believe "the discharge of the firearm was not intended to harm any other person.");

It also says he's charged with five counts of recklessly endangering another person besides 3rd Degree Assault. Unless he fired 5 times I don't see where 5 counts are warranted. Seems like serious overcharging. Sounds from the info in the article he is guilty of (1 count) reckless endangerment and illegal discharge, but not assault even 3rd degree which requires the victim be seriously injured.
ORS 163.165 - Assault in the third degree - 2015 Oregon Revised Statutes

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR