JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Toledo Oregon gangs? population 3500 in Toledo Oregon, what a joke! These guys remind me of Malibu's most wanted. They're probably a gang of two by the sounds of it.

MALIBOOOOOO-te' in da' house... don't be hatin'!! :s0112:

Yes, nicely played in the OP... a couple weeks ago I saw a Latino man (approx. in his 50's) walk by me and I noticed he had a revolver under his coat that he was trying DESPERATLY to keep hidden w/o much luck... I tailed the guy and called the cops because it just "felt wrong" watching his behavior (NOT his race... BTW). I admit it was tempting to intervene, but not knowing the whole story (and not having LEO authority) could have put me in a BAD situation... that is NOT what a CHL is for. It turned out the guy was well known by the LEO's and he got hauled away.

Clowns pulling knives ARE justifiable to Shoot yes... But how far do you go, all the way... Or just for the incapacitation... Gray area for getting into trouble. In this instance, I think I probably would have gutshot them.

Clowns pulling knives ARE justifiable to Shoot yes... But how far do you go, all the way... Or just for the incapacitation... Gray area for getting into trouble. In this instance, I think I probably would have gutshot them.

If you're in fear for your life, shooting to kill may be the best way way to avoid the "gray area."

If you're not in fear for your life, you probably shouldn't be shooting at all.

If you're in fear for your life, shooting to kill may be the best way way to avoid the "gray area."

+1 Shoot for center mass and don't stop until the threat is eliminated.

I wouldn't want to be the guy on the stand when some plaintiffs atty asks "so you deliberately shot the victim in the stomach rather than in the chest? Were you just trying to inflict enormous pain instead of kill the victim?".

"Objection!"

"Withdrawn."

I agree, for me it is “Go or “No Go” if there is anything “Grey” about the situation I would be leaving my weapon holstered. If I’m not in fear for my life my gun would never come out, but if it does I will be shooting to kill. A pair to the chest is how I train and that’s were I would be instinctively aiming (I hope).

Charles,

I think you did exactly the right thing. Whether or not we believe some folks deserve to die for their action or harming the innocent, it does not lessen the value of human life. Those of us that carry concealed have the power to both protect and take away human life and it's a huge responsibility. Hopefully I never have to pull my firearm but if I do it's because I have weighed the costs and have decided that killing is my only option.

If a problem occurs in my immediate area that threatens my life or the life of others, I will step in, but tracking and pursuing suspicious characters is a job for law enforcement and I believe that stepping into that role can be dangerous and reckless.

Thanks for doing the right thing and calling the police. For all you know, you saved a life!

And this whole time I thought a CCW makes you a freelance police officer :p

I cant conceal carry my firearm, all I got is a Beretta M9 in my whole collection. I would not mind adding a FiveseveN to it down the road, with a 30 round clip. I could take out a whole gang of thugs, with a round that has the hitting power of a .45, the tissue damage of a hollowpoint .40, and %60 less recoil than a 9mm.

And this whole time I thought a CCW makes you a freelance police officer :p

I cant conceal carry my firearm, all I got is a Beretta M9 in my whole collection. I would not mind adding a FiveseveN to it down the road, with a 30 round clip. I could take out a whole gang of thugs, with a round that has the hitting power of a .45, the tissue damage of a hollowpoint .40, and %60 less recoil than a 9mm.

A "clip?"
...Sure.
"..hitting power of a .45?"
Please...
"...tissue damage of a hollowpoint .40."
You mean after the round punched right through the target into innocents/property behind?
:s0154:

Just as NoAim said about this guy recently...
Seriously. Is the original poster being serious or just pulling our leg. Sounds straight out of an airsofter forum.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249780&postcount=8

Mod...?

Didnt you know? Magazines for Garands back in WWII were called "Clips". Its probably something you never knew though.

n00b.

Did you know: You are incorrect.

The Garand used a clip-loaded internal magazine. The area inside the rifle that you place the clip into is called the magazine. In fact, the AR-15 even has clips available! http://www.keepshooting.com/firearmaccessories/add-ons/ar15-m16-stripper-clips.htm

Definitions for those who don't know:
Clip: a device that is used to store multiple rounds of ammunition together as a unit, ready for insertion into the magazine of a repeating firearm.

Magazine: An ammunition storage and feeding device used on repeating firearms, that operates by moving cartridges into position to be chambered by the firearm.

Best rule of thumb: If it has moving parts, it is probably a magazine.

^ This. I love how noobs pull up wrong information and call other people noobs based on that. It's funny.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I think OP did the right thing. I can honestly say I would have done the same thing, ignored them, called the cops and kept an eye on them from a distance. No sense in putting yourself at risk when you can get someone who is paid to do it and has the authority to do so come down and take care of it for you. However, if the tide turned on me and they did come after me directly, well then it's on like donkey kong.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top