JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So who is really surprised by the election outcomes in WA , OR and Congress? I don't know about you all but I'm still stoked from 2016 and two Supreme Court justice picks (with more to come). So Congress has a Dem majority now? It's just that many more cats for Trump's laser pointer.
I know what I'm not going to do after this election though, riot, cry, whine, set things on fire, break store windows, cover my face with a mask, attend a protest, bad mouth America, etc.
This is America, not yet a third world crap hole (despite the progressives best efforts). Bring on 2020. The left has two years to dig their own graves. I will be the first one in line to whiz on them.

So who is really surprised by the election outcomes in WA , OR and Congress? I don't know about you all but I'm still stoked from 2016 and two Supreme Court justice picks (with more to come). So Congress has a Dem majority now? It's just that many more cats for Trump's laser pointer.
I know what I'm not going to do after this election though, riot, cry, whine, set things on fire, break store windows, cover my face with a mask, attend a protest, bad mouth America, etc.
This is America, not yet a third world crap hole (despite the progressives best efforts). Bring on 2020. The left has two years to dig their own graves. I will be the first one in line to whiz on them.

What? No genital hat for you? No safe space? No yelling at the sky? No coloring books? :rolleyes:

Not horribly surprised by the election, but very disappointed in the Oregon results. Knute did OK considering the unhinged mindset of many in this state. At least it wasn't a 3rd party that made him lose. Disappointed in the 1639 result for our Washington neighbors. We did as well as could be expected in the US House and Senate given the insane hatred leftists and the media display every day toward Trump - in fact we did better than we could expect in the Senate - I hear that is because of the particular Senate seats that were up for reelection - we dodged a bullet.

You are correct, 2 SC justices down, and what, 3 or 4 leftists to go? Let's hope. Rs should encourage the older conservative justices to retire immediately so Trump can nominate younger replacements and ram them down the Ds throats immediately after the new Senate is in office.

The current US House and Senate could do good things between now and 2019, but I doubt they will - they've had 2 years and have squandered much of it.

I will be looking at the makeup of some state legislatures in the coming days, their gun laws, and if possible, make a move - may not be able to do it, but I'd like to.

I do not think that you realize all of the restrictions that are about to be placed on Oregonians rights in 2019.
Yeah, I'm going to arm up while I can, don't currently have hi-capacity rifle but I'm going to soon before they can pass any unconstitutional laws.
Might have to move in a few months too depending on how things go and if it is the Lord's will.

I do not think that you realize all of the restrictions that are about to be placed on Oregonians rights in 2019.

Exactly right. Brown was criminally dishonest and would not reveal the legislation they are working on before the election. I'd expect it to be similar to IP43 and IP44, possibly worse. I only hope they will cut some slack for people who purchased firearms that required a BGC (particularly after the bill banning private transfers without a BGC), and for CC permit holders - they already know who has those guns, and they know CC permit holders are not criminals, so they should give them at least say 2 years before the new laws apply so those who want can sell out and move out of state. I don't expect they'll be that decent though.

EDIT: For those who are going to stock up on guns, magazines, etc realize that if the new laws are like IP43 and IP44 the law will require that you register each gun, each magazine, have a BGC, and prove safe storage.

Last Edited:
Exactly right. Brown was criminally dishonest and would not reveal the legislation they are working on before the election. I'd expect it to be similar to IP43 and IP44, possibly worse. I only hope they will cut some slack for people who purchased firearms that required a BGC (particularly after the bill banning private transfers without a BGC), and for CC permit holders - they already know who has those guns, and they know CC permit holders are not criminals, so they should give them at least say 2 years before the new laws apply so those who want can sell out and move out of state. I don't expect they'll be that decent though.

f36.jpg

On the Federal level we only have relentless BS to look forward to. Russia 2.0 for the next two years. No wall, no Obamacare repeal, no hearing protection act, no concealed carry reciprocity and no more tax cuts.

In Oregon a Democrat super majority plus an anti-gun governor means expect to see a raise in the firearm purchase and possession age to 21, magazine capacity limits and some sort of AWB.

In Oregon a Democrat super majority plus an anti-gun governor means expect to see a raise in the firearm purchase and possession age to 21, magazine capacity limits and some sort of AWB.
We're in for a helluva fight folks... Things aren't looking good for us. I hope we're more impassioned about losing our rights then we were for ousting a gun hating Governor...

God help Oregunless...

What Hillary removeth Kate bringeth back. Aw, good ol panick buying. It's been a while. Anyone looking for a $3500 AR, I have a few. Just saying.

Last Edited:
Im disappointed in the election results but not at all surprised. Evidently Oregon citizens haven't suffered enough, they still need to loose a little more whether its from their wallets or freedoms. Maybe at some point eyes will open, I just hope its not too late when they finally do.

We're in for a helluva fight folks... Things aren't looking good for us. I hope we're more impassioned about losing our rights then we were for ousting a gun hating Governor...

God help Oregunless...

We're not more impassioned. We should have picked up a few State House seats and not ended up with a super majority in Oregon. There is going to be a whole lot of misery for gun right supporters in our near future. Digging ourselves out of this mess will be near impossible and I'm not counting on the courts to save us either.

We're not more impassioned. We should have picked up a few State House seats and not ended up with a super majority in Oregon. There is going to be a whole lot of misery for gun right supporters in our near future. Digging ourselves out of this mess will be near impossible and I'm not counting on the courts to save us either.
I know I'm wondering how in the f**k did they get a supermajority?

Before people start wailing and gnashing teeth, and rending their clothing, it's wise to remember that "it's one thing to pass a law, another thing to enforce it". There is that fine old American tradition of civil disobedience, after all. It's time for folks here to read Thoreau, and stop mindlessly obeying evil laws. There is no utility in the fetish of a "law-abiding gun owner".

"Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it."
-- Henry David Thoreau

"How does it become a man to behave toward this American government today? I answer, that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it."
-- Henry David Thoreau

"The State never intentionally confronts a man's sense, intellectual or moral, but only his body, his senses. It is not armed with superior wit or honesty, but with superior physical strength. I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest."
-- Henry David Thoreau, "Civil Disobedience" [1849]

Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau

Last Edited:
It's about to get ugly boys and girls!
Not sure where we go from here? The State of Oregon has just been handed unchecked power and will certainly use to restrict as many rights as possible.
Idaho on my mind...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads