JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not Nick but I would suggest finding forged lowers on sale, Blems are another great deal because normally it is hardly noticeable.
Billit lowers are generally more expensive but I like the close trigger guard option.;)

What brand of lowers would you suggest?

Best value for the money.
Anderson Manufacturing AR-15 Stripped Lower Receiver AR-15-A3

Primary Arms had them on sale for $29.99 in September and I bought three of them. Ended up with consecutive serial numbers. I built up another one of two I got from Northwest Armory and it came out nice.

Anderson Manufacturing
We call this the Honda of lower receivers. Anderson lowers are inexpensive at $49 for stripped lowers and $120 for complete. They are made from forged 7071-T6 aluminum and are generally in stock.

I've used these lowers on countless builds and have never had any trouble with them. If this is your first time assembling a custom AR-15, I strongly suggest you choose this lower. If you scratch the metal during the assembly process, no big deal.

Anderson-Manufacturing-lower-receiver.jpg
Don't let the low price turn you away. These lowers are excellent as a basic lower for 90 percent of any build you design as a recreational shooter.

3 Best AR-15 Lower Receivers in 2018

• Price: There is no other Lower that comes with the price that has been tagged to this lower and ends up producing the same performance as it does. As mentioned earlier, its performance and quality can be compared to those lowers going for $150 and above, yet the Anderson lower costs less than $75. At this price, it comes with great construction material, process, and quality hence worth every single cent you spend on it.
  • Versatility: The product has been marked multi-cal. It means you can use it to customize a gun that you can use in almost all the areas, and activities. The lower has also been designed to be compatible with a number of guns, especially all those in the AR platform among others.
  • Mil-Spec Machined: Mil-spec machining means that it has been designed in such a way that any Mil-spec parts can easily fit in the lower receiver. In fact, you just need to drop them in, and they will fit. The precision machining used in the process of manufacturing can be credited for such a great fit.
  • Durability: It features a heavy duty forged aluminum construction that produces durable long lasting performance without sacrificing the weight of the gun. In addition, a hard anodized coat improves the durability even further.

The Anderson Lower Review and Performance Test (December, 2018)

Which brands?

Don't forget about Anderson either.

My FFL got a good deal on Anderson lowers so I bought a few. My rifles turned out quite nice. I bought lower parts kit, buffer tube, spring with buffer. and a stock. I went with a single point adapter and sling instead of a two point sling. I bought a fully assembled upper but may buy a barrel, gas block etc. for my next build. Had the furnace replaced so I won't have any spending money for a few months. :(

Last Edited:
Buy land in one of the Sanctuary Counties. I may have to get a FFL and open a gun storage facility for outlawed guns and accessories. For a small monetary contribution, you can store your outlawed guns and have access anytime you need them.

What do you think? Kind of like jabbing a pencil in Brown's eye.

Well, our land is in a county with a SAPO. And we have an 01FFL for a side business. Regardless, I'm still concerned about what is coming next year.

I realize you were joking, but "have access anytime you need them" would almost certainly be a crime under legislation that prohibited their possession.

That makes it the first Free State access outside of Oregon's jurisdiction and you wouldn't have to give Bloody Kate your tax money.

The tax situation more than anything is what is driving our planned expansion/migration. The coming loss of 2A freedom is the final straw. Across a dusty line out in the southeast, and suddenly no personal income tax, no estate tax, no corporate tax, and an average effective property tax rate of almost half of here. Monster.com accurately assessed the Oregon tax situation as: "When combined with federal income tax, middle class residents of Oregon can expect to hand over 52.3 percent of their income to the government." I can assure you, there are some of us paying quite a bit north of that percentage and have finally had enough. ;)

But hey every one, don't forget to donate huge to the NRA and OFF

Funny you mention it; I just dropped off a check to OFF today. All four souls in this household are NRA members, and I'm a dues paying member to the American Suppressor Association and Oregon Outdoor Council. :)

Cabin in Idaho

Good call. Though we are aggressively working on expansion to Nevada. That said, I do so love Idaho. Godspeed. :s0155:

Funny you mention it; I just dropped off a check to OFF today. All four souls in this household are NRA members, and I'm a dues paying member to the American Suppressor Association and Oregon Outdoor Council. :)
. :s0155:

Hey its not, money...:p...But they wont see a penny from me until there is accountability.:D

That's not asking too much I don't think. I like to spend my money on people I can trust. I do trust the
OOC, but OFF, I know to much to respect or trust them. There is a strong reason I am so hard on them.
Because things are often not as they seem, and Oregon someday is going to wake up and realize what went down.
I also was an OFF member for 15 years, and a NRA member since the 1980's. That all stopped, so why me making the statements I do may not mean much to everyone. I simply wont encourage poor behavior and frivolous spending of my hard earned money. But I do hope, the funds you spend make you feel good about what you are doing, for I am doing it for my reasons and I know I am not alone. I guess welcome to the Freedom of America, were we can make a stand for what we believe in.
:s0042:

I like to spend my money on people I can trust. I do trust the OOC, but OFF, I know to much to respect or trust them.

I totally don't blame you and I get it. Candidly, I was ready to cancel my membership, due to some private interactions I had with them. Then they stepped up something fantastic to help put an end to IP-43, at least for now. As such, I continue to send them the greenbacks. Any pro-2A group who is actually doing something in the real world, rather than preaching to the choir, has my support. If that analysis shall change, then perhaps I will reevaluate said again. To each their own.

Could you please expand on this? If there is some sort of loophole to avoid a potential registration. You just got my mind thinking.

One of the "evil features" that gun controllers use to identify an "assault weapon" is a pistol grip or thumbhole stock. The proposed Oregon "assault weapon" ban defines pistol grip as:

There are devices such as the Thorsden stock that try to avoid meeting the definition of a pistol grip

View attachment 527311
View attachment 527312

The question is would they still meet the definition of a thumbhole stock.

You would also have to remove all of the other "evil features":

Any semiautomatic rifle would also have to be at least 30" long to avoid being classified as an "assault weapon".

If going that direction I'd go this route...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top