JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Homemade Bread Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream and Homemade Caramel Sauce.

100_2210.jpg

100_2207.jpg

100_2208.jpg

100_2205.jpg

**** we might have to start a recipe thread:s0114: I love to cook but now would rather have a few beers and relax. **** I think I am heading to McMinaminns and geting a burger:D

Ok guess he double hockey sticks is a bad word:confused:

that looks great but if you really want to sprinkle some crack on that use cinnabon cinnamon rolls broken up for your bread :s0155:

I use doughnuts! ;)

Ingredients
6, day old doughnuts, cut into 1/2 inch squares
1 cup hot water
1 cup packed brown sugar
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups warm milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt

Directions

Combine water and brown sugar. Put bread in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Pour water/brown sugar over bread. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over bread. Bake at 350 degrees for 50ish mins. Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel.

Warning do not have a second helping, I did and now I am feeling a little ill and feel a sugar induced Coma coming on!

Trlsmn's Homemade Caramel syrup

1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons water
3/4 stick butter
3/4 cup heavy cream

Number one! Have your stuff together and ready! Caramel goes from perfect to screwed within seconds!

Have your heavy cream in a glass and waiting on the stove. Have the butter cut up into pats in a bowl on waiting on the stove.

Have a wisk ready. Use a high sided pan!

Over med high heat pour one cup sugar into the pan, pour the two table spoons of water into the sugar.

DO NOT STIR IT! did you stir it? Good job you screwed it up and made Crystal sugar meth now start over!

OK you can slosh the pan around slightly a couple times. let that stuff bubble up and watch it close,

DO NOT STIR IT! did you stir it? Good job you screwed it up and made Crystal sugar meth now start over!

Let it turn brown and watch for the slightest puff of smoke, and it's tricky as your are looking for smoke not steam. The first wiff of smoke pull it off the heat.

Now add the heavy cream, do you just have milk? well good for you drink it because you need heavy cream. Add the cream slow but steady, watch out because it has a reaction and foams up and the stream will burn you! as soon as it's all in and settled down wisk it.

When it seams you've wisked well add the butter pats and wisk more, as soon as it's consistent take a taste, burned the crap out of your finger and tongue didn't you! next time read the all the directions first! :p

Trlsmn,

I have got to meet you the next time you go to the Portland expo gun show.

Maybe i can get it good enough to try some of the food you make. I know you see cocktailer and JCweaponry, But maybe we can trade some machine gun time for food.:D

Trlsmn,

I have got to meet you the next time you go to the Portland expo gun show.

Maybe i can get it good enough to try some of the food you make. I know you see cocktailer and JCweaponry, But maybe we can trade some machine gun time for food.:D

That is my kind of trade! I will make it a point to introduce myself next show, are you there on Fridays?

Ha! I'm going to one-up you tonight. I'm getting ready to go make some genuine colonial era/gold rush sourdough flapjacks topped with real maple syrup.

Goes back hundreds of years or even more, just as the bread pudding does. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top