JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's the deal:

My favorite holster maker, Raven Concealment, discontinued their best product a year ago and cheaped out the replacement offering, I tried the replacement, it was crap. Now I'm seeking alternatives for a OWB light compatible kydex/molded holster.

I typically conceal under a shirt OWB

Holster must have solid retention, if I turn it upside down and give it a shake it should not fall out.

I'm looking for a company that will make a quality OWB kydex/molded holster with positive retention to fit the following guns with light attached.

Separate holster for each of course:

Glock 21 Gen 4 w/ Streamlight TLRHL

Glock 17 Gen 4 w/Streamlight
TLRHL

Glock 40 Gen 4 w/Streamlight TLRHL

If you have a recommendation I would be happy to hear your input.

I've looked up several companies but haven't decided if any will be as good as what I currently have and I'm rather particular about not buying something inferior to what I've already gotten used to.

Thanks!

Edit: Here's what I already have, this is what I want to duplicate, this is a Glock 21 for reference:
IMG_6361 (002).JPG

IMG_6362 (002).JPG

IMG_6363 (002).JPG

This last photos shows that in addition to the nice fitment of the holster they created an indent that catches the TLR HL at just the right spot to keep the holster retaining the firearm very securely.

The holster also removes unnecessary width that I have seen competitors use.

Last Edited:
K Rounds has a nice tight fit against your body and has light compatible holsters. Make in Tukwila Wa.

K Rounds, LLC, KD Holsters

I've had them do a OWB for a Kimber Micro before, good product and fills the standards I put forth. Compared to my normal holster it needed some refinement, but they have potential for sure.

Nice thing is they are small enough that they do things a more commercial shop probably wouldn't touch.

Alien Gear holsters

Thanks for the input, unless they have started to offer kydex/molded only, I wasn't a big fan of the leather/neoprene backer.

I've actually got a two holster
Aliengear set up I recieved in a trade for a sig 938 that is in my evergrowing "sell or trade one day pile"

Here's the deal:

My favorite holster maker, Raven Concealment, discontinued their best product a year ago and cheaped out the replacement offering, I tried the replacement, it was crap. Now I'm seeking alternatives for a OWB light compatible kydex/molded holster.

I feel your pain the Phantom is my preferred OWB/IWB Kydex holster, it pisses my off I was broke when RCS discontinued them and was blowing them out for dirt cheap, at this point I keep my eyes open for them on the used market, but since I'm LH it doesn't happen everyday.

Bravo Concealment is the closest I've come across that is in the same ballpark as the Phantom for that style of holster.

Last Edited:
I feel your pain the Phantom is my preferred OWB/IWB Kydex holster, it pisses my off I was broke when RCS discontinued them and was blowing them out for dirt cheap, at this point I keep my eyes open for them on the used market, but since I'm LH it doesn't happen everyday.

Bravo Concealment is the closest I've come across that is in the same ballpark as the Phantom for that style of holster.

I wrote them a scathing return request when I bought their new offering and it sucked. I also am sad that I didn't buy a bag full when they were being discontinued. I just didn't 'need' them back then and to be fair, I also assumed unfortunately that their new offerings would ya know, actually not be completely garbage.

I'm looking for light bearing holsters though, and I am finding that a lot of people don't make one period, or a quality light bearing holster like RCS did, some places make one, but they aren't at the same level. I'm finding that the RCS discontinued offering is much slimmer than other offerings, and they also cut away

I went to K rounds out of Tukwila since they were the closest, it was tough from the start because I was asking them to make something different from what they normally made, I left them with the RCS holster for reference, their 1st attempt so far is a good attempt, but has some serious issues to be resolved before it could ever be considered done.

It's rather odd when you ask a company to make a pancake holster though and they say 'they can't just copy another design,' it's like, ok, I am literally asking you to exactly mimic a holster I wish I could still buy but can't and if you won't just copy it for me than I am not quite sure how you will make something that I am looking for lol...

Anyway, well see how this turns out.

K Rounds has a nice tight fit against your body and has light compatible holsters. Make in Tukwila Wa.

K Rounds, LLC, KD Holsters

I love my K Rounds IWB Kydex holsters, but I don' t think they will meet the OP's requirements for holding the holster upside down, shaking it, and not having the gun fall out. I know you can tighten it quite a bit, but not sure if it is enough for what the OP is looking for.

When he said "positive retention" I thought he was looking for something with an active retention mechanism.

I love my K Rounds IWB Kydex holsters, but I don' t think they will meet the OP's requirements for holding the holster upside down, shaking it, and not having the gun fall out. I know you can tighten it quite a bit, but not sure if it is enough for what the OP is looking for.

When he said "positive retention" I thought he was looking for something with an active retention mechanism.

Yeah, sorry, to clarify I will post a photo of what I already have. I may have misused a term 'active retention' but what I meant was the firearm is retained to a degree, but not with a lever Gcode style mechanism. What I have found though is that the style of retention used on the RCS holster I have will not fall out, even upside down and shaking it. Photo added to the original post.

Last Edited:
I own www.westacholsters.com if ur looking for something specificet me know. I can hook u up. Or at least will do my best to get you wat u want.

I'd be happy to support an NWFA member / business owner.

I added photos to the original post. I'm looking to duplicate it, a straight clone. I can buy the belt loops from RCS still, but not the holster. Problem I have encountered so far trying to get it duplicated is multipart:

1: I want the holster exactly duplicated, angles, cants, retention, girth, length and width, etc. I haven't found any changes of competitors to be improvements but have found often that their 'flare' that they give their holsters leads it away from being a holster that duplicates mine and is inferior regarding my desires.
2: I want holsters made for Glock models 21 Gen 4, 34 Gen 4, 40 Gen 4 MOS all with TLR 1 HL. I am also thinking about doing a 17 Gen 4 but I am seeing if I can modify the one I currently have from another manufacturer to work better. I own 1 RCS holster for a 17 and 1 RCS holster for a 20. I am finding that many companies don't offer holsters for all of these pistol models light compatible I am looking for and I am interested in the same style of holster for all of them (similar fitment and styles means more consistent draw between different pistols.)

I'll check out the website, if you look at the photos I have added to the OP and see what you think. So far with K rounds the issue has simply been that they are giving it a good effort, but aren't copying it exactly which defeats the purpose of seeking a holster to be made to duplicate my own.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top