JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tyranny and oppression have an friend in the State of Oregon and her name is Ginny Burdick. This miscreant of an individual believes that she alone has the right to make up the laws that you and I must follow, regardless of the Constitution, prior rulings or anything else that stands in opposition of her sick and twisted agenda.

For example, from the OFF ( Oregon Firearms Federation ) website, notice just one of the several bills she has presented -

X SB 346 Creates crime of unlawfully transferring large capacity magazine. Punishes by maximum of one year’s imprisonment, $6,250 fine, or both

This is, again, the "hope and change" that Oregon goes forth with a 10 magazine limit. I say its time that Ginny Burdick gets put on notice. I say its time that the good people of Oregon demand a recall and proper replacement. Ginny Burdick swore an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States, its time we found someone else to do the job that she obviously is incapable of doing herself.

How many times do we have to learn this lesson about voting in liberals. The problem is not the polititians the voters are the problem. I will add so you dems don't feel left out knowing how you got to live by your feelings. Voting in RHINO Republicans are just as bad.

This has been on my mind since the recall in Colorado

Maybe we should tap into those that made it possible there, in Oregon?

Burdick is poisen to our way of life and has been caught by video in her lies

I think we, as Oregonians, have gone way to easy on this political slug. She needs to have some pressure put on her......it might create some doubts among her base, educate the people about her real motives or ( at age 66) induce a terminal health condition forcing her demise. ( I know, I'm terrible)....

Yup. Ginny has been at it for YEARS, hasn't gotten any traction yet. I think she
might be one state too far north.

Now she has a apprentice---Susan Bonamici. Same rabid anti-gun garbage in a
younger package.

What for? SB 346 is old news and died when the gavel fell on the regular session back in July; there's nothing to write about.

Conserve your strength and effort for the 2014 session.

I just used SB346 as an example of what her desires are for us. You think just because its a new year she won't keep trying? These people are patient and just keep scratching away until we let our guard down, and the sad thing is, most people are letting them off the hook. She keeps up her fight, I say lets put some added pressure on her and those like her! Lets change the paradigm.

I said it last legislative session and I will say it again. There needs to be a concentrated effort to remove Ginny B from office. She is absolutely the worst politician I have ever seen in my entire life, and I am from the SF Bay Area ! I have never seen her equal, seriously. I would vote for a damn chimpanzee before I voted Ginny. I am not even a resident of Oregon and I would send money to a challenger. Please for the love of god, find me one.

If you haven't seen the video of her talking about concealed carriers shooting themselves, its a must watch.

There is plenty of ammunition on the interwebz alone to create a hell of a political advertisement that would make her feel pretty damn uncomfortable. Take a look at her expenditures... It's public record, and interesting to see whom her friends are.

Some things to consider...

1. She's in a safely Democratic district. The only way you would get any sort of a successful challenge would be with another Democrat (which is doable).

2. Susan Bonamici may have been her protege in the past, but Bonamici has moved beyond the State Legislature. Near as I can tell Ginny is currently grooming Jennifer Williamson (one of the two House members in Ginny's District) to replace her.

3. Ginny's term ends in 2016, so there will be no removing her from office before then, even with a recall attempt (see #1 above).

The best we can hope for is that she goes the way of Dingfelder and gets some better paying local job. Which isn't terribly far fetched, Ginny has run (unsuccessfully) for local offices in the past.

Some things to consider...

1. She's in a safely Democratic district. The only way you would get any sort of a successful challenge would be with another Democrat (which is doable).

2. Susan Bonamici may have been her protege in the past, but Bonamici has moved beyond the State Legislature. Near as I can tell Ginny is currently grooming Jennifer Williamson (one of the two House members in Ginny's District) to replace her.

3. Ginny's term ends in 2016, so there will be no removing her from office before then, even with a recall attempt (see #1 above).

The best we can hope for is that she goes the way of Dingfelder and gets some better paying local job. Which isn't terribly far fetched, Ginny has run (unsuccessfully) for local offices in the past.

No offense Modeler, but I disagree....
Considering the recent recalls in Colorado, both were in democrat heavy districts....and it appears that the recallers are going after another one with Hudak. Gun owners in Oregon have been terrorized by Burdick for years. She is one of the driving forces of anti-Constitutional bills and laws that she would love to see pass in our state. I think that with the right mindset, we could at the very least, make life uncomfortable for her in a big way...
We need action, not apathy.

No offense Modeler, but I disagree....
Considering the recent recalls in Colorado, both were in democrat heavy districts....

Not exactly. Morse won his last election (2010) by 340 votes (hardly heavily democratic), that's why they picked him to go after (along with the fact that he was the Senate President). Giron's district was heavily democratic, but they're mostly moderate blue-collar Democrats. Ginny's district is heavy with regular urban Multnomah County Democrats; she won her district with 69.5% of the vote in 2012. There is a possibility of successfully running a pro-2A Democrat against her in 2016, and we're actively working on that.

We need action, not apathy.

I see that you just joined us here in the past few weeks, so I'll forgive you for thinking I'm apathetic about gun politics. I pay close attention to the bills, I testify at hearings, I meet with legislators. I'm active in politics in general and I put forth a lot of effort on this forum to keep everyone informed of how things were going during the 2013 session. What we need is a planned, focused approach to getting pro-2A lawmakers in office when the opportunities present themselves.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top