JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Posted on October 24, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Updated today at 7:01 PM

GIG HARBOR, Wash. -- Pierce County sheriff's deputies and Gig Harbor police are investigating a shooting in Gig Harbor, where a homeowner confronted a man, then opened fire.

The incident happened on a property on Ray Nash Drive NW. Police say a stranger drove down a private driveway, got out of his truck and started walking around the property. That's when the homeowner of the property noticed him, approached him and shouted, "Who are you? What are you doing here?"

Police say the man didn't respond. Instead, he started walking toward the house, where the homeowner's family members were. The stranger walked up to the house and actually set foot inside when the homeowner pulled out a gun and shot him in the back.

When authorities arrived, the stranger was transported to a hospital. His condition was unknown.

Police continued to interview the homeowner, trying to determine who the man was and why he was there.

No word on whether the homeowner will face any charges.

Ah the HO must have been behind the perp when he shot him in the back.

It also occurred to me that with all the new gun owners after Sandy Hook the criminals are now getting less places to rob cause they know that peeps are armed & will shoot.
I say great make em very afraid! !!!

The bad guy had smelled the coffee, and since he lives (lived)? In Washington, thought it was a StarBucks... So he knew there were no Firearms allowed, and would be perfectly Safe! It is all the Home Owners fault, for not being a properly trained StarBucks Barista and having a Ggggguuuuuuuun!

/sarcasm

Philip,
It is still early in the morning, I'll try to do better next post....

guy entered the home uninvited. He was seen as a threat and handled accordingly. No law says you can only shoot someone facing you. The BG could have turned to grab a weapon of some type. The only thing that does not add up is some people fantasy that every BG you have to take out will be looking you in the face.

It would be far easier to defend yourself from wrongful death litigation, or criminal charges if the trespasser was shot in the front in stead of the back though.

All the updates I read as of early this am, sounded like justifiable. Perp was headed in to the guy's house where his wife and daughter were. I would have liked to do the same thing to one of my daughter's bfs. Also the guy did not stop or answer the Gun owner.

Brutus out

Brutus57 ... If you have a daughter, who has a BF, you need to clean your 12 Gauge when he comes In to pick her up...

We all know that old saw .... And I know that it works, I have lived near Loggers most of my life... I know one Retired Logger, who spoke to his daughter's BF (now SIL)

... "Now, I talked to your father about this, and he said it was ~just fine~ to Invite you to go Crabbing with me, if my daughter ever has a tear in her eyes...."

The Reply, "Yes Sir, Mr. Jones, she will always be tear free"

Just saying... You gotta Oregon Up, if you got a daughter!!!!

philip

Too bad the homeowner didn't have a "Gun Free Zone" sign places at his driveway......That would have stopped the bad guy in his tracks!

All kidding aside, thankfully the family and homeowner are safe.

Too bad the homeowner didn't have a "Gun Free Zone" sign places at his driveway......That would have stopped the bad guy in his tracks!

All kidding aside, thankfully the family and homeowner are safe.

actually that would have been icing on the cake showing how good those signs work:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top