JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Not that I assume all the details are in the article, but blocking an exit seems…unwise. How would you handle someone prohibiting you from leaving a grocery store? Based on the man's actions, let's assume that walking away and using another exit wouldn't have been an option
I am local to this and there's slightly more to this than is being published but not much. Basically what happened is the guy involved in the altercation misheard who this person was and had a previous altercation that went his way in Tacoma about a year earlier. So basically he was emboldened by the fact the last time he shot someone the person involved refused to cooperate and therefor he never got charged.

In this case, he overheard someone at the store talking about a shoplifter, then accidentally confronted a law abiding citizen who rightfully told him to pound sound, who then pushed the 70 year old who fired at him.

This is one of those classic situations where you create the problem, then you can't deal with it. He could claim the Zimmerman defense but this is Washington. Local interest in the case is mild so I don't think he'll get rail roaded, but there isn't really a ton of support for the guy since he mixed up the person involved.

All in all this guy is a loose cannon and exactly the kind of person every gun owner winces at when mentioned. On the one hand everyone was mildly entertained that a 70 year old pizza guy would shoot someone in the neck trying to rob a store in a nice area, but also everyone understands that could have been them. Everyone in the area is just really sick of idiots coming into this area and causing trouble. They're never from here. They're always from Tacoma.

Last I checked he's only being charged with assault so he's gotten off pretty light all things considered. The most annoying part about this is if this was a legit criminal who had shot someone in the neck on purpose, instead of some idiot gun owner doing this, they probably would have already released him without having a bond. The logic they use to turn people in and out of the system out here is absolutely bat crazy.

Look up the guy in Seattle that threw coffee in a baby's face.

I am local to this and there's slightly more to this than is being published but not much. Basically what happened is the guy involved in the altercation misheard who this person was and had a previous altercation that went his way in Tacoma about a year earlier. So basically he was emboldened by the fact the last time he shot someone the person involved refused to cooperate and therefor he never got charged.

In this case, he overheard someone at the store talking about a shoplifter, then accidentally confronted a law abiding citizen who rightfully told him to pound sound, who then pushed the 70 year old who fired at him.

This is one of those classic situations where you create the problem, then you can't deal with it. He could claim the Zimmerman defense but this is Washington. Local interest in the case is mild so I don't think he'll get rail roaded, but there isn't really a ton of support for the guy since he mixed up the person involved.

All in all this guy is a loose cannon and exactly the kind of person every gun owner winces at when mentioned. On the one hand everyone was mildly entertained that a 70 year old pizza guy would shoot someone in the neck trying to rob a store in a nice area, but also everyone understands that could have been them. Everyone in the area is just really sick of idiots coming into this area and causing trouble. They're never from here. They're always from Tacoma.
That bridge toll doesn't deter them?

Lol JK

How do you know what color any one is on this site and what does it matter? And from what I've seen being pissed off isn't exclusive to old white dudes.
If this site was populated by much of anyone besides white dudes, there would probably be a bit more outcry about the commentary on non-white dudes that so often gets posted.

Is this one of those forums that bans people for pointing out crime stats?
Not as a rule, but in the past* some people have either directly or indirectly tried to link those stats to specific personal attributes that *could* be considered racist

* Keeping in mind that "the past" is more than just last week or month or even year.

Not as a rule, but in the past* some people have either directly or indirectly tried to link those stats to specific personal attributes that *could* be considered racist

* Keeping in mind that "the past" is more than just last week or month or even year.
Cringe. Then the answer is yes. Too many liberals moderating gun sites.

Cringe. Then the answer is yes. Too many liberals moderating gun sites.
Not sure I understand, so to clarify, are you saying that saying something racist (either obtusely or directly) should be OK?

If you haven't had a chance to read it, there is a Code Of Conduct that address some of that

Not sure I understand, so to clarify, are you saying that saying something racist (either obtusely or directly) should be OK?
It is impossible to separate things that are "considered racist" and real discussions about crime. So if there's some policy drawing a line it always means you pretend the ghetto is full of leprechauns which makes any discussion pointless and feminine. They always are bothered by causation vs correlation but I and most conservatives don't care why crime is committed. I don't care that you're poor or what your school system is like and I'm not sympathetic to any of the excuses why you're a criminal. It is not my responsibility to care why some groups commit more crimes than others and pretend it's not a real observation that is practical to observe and understand. Anyone that ignores that stuff is a moron that deserves to get robbed, beaten or worse. Doesn't mean you gotta be nasty but people that draw lines of speech always want you to pretend there isn't a difference.

It is impossible to separate things that are "considered racist" and real discussions about crime.
Oh, well let me help you with that :)

Not Racist:
These are the crime stats and the racial statistics of the people that committed these crimes

Racist:
People of this race commit crimes because of their race, and here are the crame stats to prove it

See how easy that is?

It is not my responsibility to care why some groups commit more crimes than others and pretend it's not a real observation that is practical to observe and understand.
You need to understand what that group is and is not. Sometimes what people like to think of as a group defined by race is a group that is defined by where they live and how poor they are. Swap the poor whites in Appalachia with the poor blacks in south Chicago and see who is now in the violent drug trade.

But if you don't look past how someone has grouped people for you, you will come to the conclusions they want you to.

Or you want to.

Geez, I take a day off from the internet, some guy from Panama joins, says some stuff which all gets deleted...

Is it just me, or is there still someone else posting in this thread who seems to believe this country has a problem with older white males who have a predilection for wanting to shoot people?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top