JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've looked this up
And think I found my answer.

I am giving a semi auto rifle to my brother in law. Can I do this legally without an FFL transfer? We both live in wa state.

yes he deserves the rifle. He helps my all the time on projects around here!

Here is a list of family that is ok to gift to without ffl transfer. It looks like you are in the clear! Of course this is all predicated on him being legally eligible to own the gifted gun. Probably not a great getting out of jail present :D.

08D49F3C-0DB9-4CF6-A778-E1CF033D4DE7.png

Here is a list of family that is ok to gift to without ffl transfer. It looks like you are in the clear! Of course this is all predicated on him being legally eligible to own the gifted gun. Probably not a great getting out of jail present :D.

View attachment 810022

No jail release gift. Lol. He's a good guy. I'm not sure why I didn't know this law existed.

Every time I think of this "law", I think of how stupid it is. With a big enough family, and assuming you could trust everyone, you could use this law to transfer a gun to someone 100 families away.

Give it to BIL
BIL gives it to his BIL
So on and so on

The state has no business regulating this stuff. There are laws against speeding. There are laws that deal with manslaughter. We do not need laws that hinder a person from transferring a vehicle to someone because they might commit a crime with it. There are laws against crime. The government involvement is just so they can start a paper trail. This should be a voluntary effort. Paper trail can come in handy when it comes to stolen property, but other than that.....

Having said that, I'm glad we are 'allowed' this 'freedom', such as it is. Could be worse......oh wait o_O

Some things I deliberately refrain from posting online because they would help gun banners write new laws to fix their errors.
Do you really think my post is something that is unknown to the traitors in the legislature? They know about it, they will go after it in due time.

How did fictional Fight Club spread?

I have seen it happen. New anti gun laws proposed. Big discussion on gun forum specific to that jurisdiction pointing out an oversight in the proposed law. A month later the oversight is fixed.

father to daughter to brother inlaw to brother in law to cousin to cousins son to father inlaw to his brother to Well you get the idea that damn gun could be on the other side of the state in the hand of someone the original owner has never even heard of. So yah great stupid law.

I was just asking about the current law. I disagree with it. Face to face transactions should be legal without FFL. Some on here are doing the gun grabbers work. Read what you post.

I have my info and decision is made. Thanks to Osprey for the help. He answered my question.

I was just asking about the current law. I disagree with it. Face to face transactions should be legal without FFL. Some on here are doing the gun grabbers work. Read what you post.

I have my info and decision is made. Thanks to Osprey for the help. He answered my question.
Sure man, I'm the problem. I'm literally filing the paperwork right now....

Everytown for Gun Safety

Everytown for Gun Safety Victory Fund$16,010,907

They are coming for everything eventually. They'll probably satisfy themselves with just taxing the piss out of ammo for a while. They'll keep working on everyone through social media until they have the numbers they need. Or they'll just cheat.

By the time non-compliance becomes a thought for many people it'll be way too late. So yeah, shhhh they'll never find this. lol

ide-78233c240126ec9978fcf677fd7521fb55639170-s1200.jpg

Using that train of thought, we should just memory hole this entire thread. Fine by me.
Seriously if you are worried about it, have them memory hole the thread. No one here will complain. In this instance I won't. But I'm not editing my post. It's a nonsensical law and I felt like saying so. We need to talk about how nonsensical it is. Where else is that discussion being had?

We should just leave these new age forums for others. Anyone whose thoughts align with big tech and the censorship club should be the ones to have their speech/written words heard. We should get started on that immediately. Errr, wait. o_O

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top