JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which gift would you prefer to receive?

• Viridian C5L Laser sight/light combo

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Ruger LCP

Votes: 31 79.5%

• Total voters
Reactions
I am on the fence about a gift for one of my very best friends for his birthday/x-mas (his birthday is Dec. 27th).

Idea #1
A nice laster sight/light combo

He has a beretta PX-4 Storm that he really likes. He is often saying he would like to get a laser sight for it someday.

Idea #2
A Ruger LCP

He has mentioned multiple times that he would like to get his carry permit and then a small pocket gun to carry with him when he travels for his job (he drives all over WA state for his job).

Which would you prefer to receive?

C5Lstore.jpg

RugerLCP380.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't matter which, just being blessed with a friend such as you who would thoughtfully consider these 2 as gifts would be enough.....

Playboy,

I just wanted to let you know that I have really enjoyed our time together on this forum. We have never met, or talked, or even pm'd but I still just feel this connection with you that I can't quite put my finger on. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that have a great turkey day. :s0155:

P.S. - I have been looking at getting an sp101 for ccw.:cool:

My vote was the LCP because I have one (with laser) and it's a great pocket gun (disregarding the agruments about claiber/effectiveness, etc). The more important question is.... Playboy will you adopt me????? Seriously I need to find new friends!:s0155::s0131::s0114:

If he doesn't have his carry permit quite yet, why tempt him with illegally ccing a firearm? Get the light/laser at least he can practice checking for pokemon running around his house, instead of being a tool, and bending down to tie his shoes and have an lcp fly out of his coat pocket in front of a cop....that's why they make you take an instructed class BEFORE CONCEALED carrying.

If he is truly your best friend, then he should get both.:s0155:

That way he knows he is tops in your book, and you get to exercise your freedom of choice in a capitalist manner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE...WITH THE
INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL
PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY
PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!"

I have owned both an LCP and Viridian C5 laser. (don't know if you specifically had a Viridian in mind.)

Sold the Ruger on account of it constantly malfunctioning.

Returned the Viridian on account of it breaking after the first 15 rounds.

I would choose an LCP over the laser. At least I know there are good LCPs out there. Can't say the same for Viridian, unfortunately. :(

Hard to holster a gun with that Viridian Laser on it. Also noticed the display model diode warped (gave an oval spot instead of round) when we adjusted the zeroing screws. Either way it wasn't a very crisp dot. I like the concept as a nightstand gun, but harder to carry.
If he wants to start carrying, get him the LCP and a box of ammo. Damn nice friend, either way...

Can't go wrong with the LCP IMHO. I have 2 of them now, both with Crimson Trace lasers on them, and as much as I love my Glocks, the LCP is just easy to put in most pant/coat pocket and go.

I agree with the others also. Have your friend get that CPL permit in hand first.

I would much rather have the laser/light. I have plenty of firearms but I could sure use something to put on my XD for night time. I've been looking around for an affordable one, but the good ones are very expensive. Rather than get him another firearm, get him something to improve the one he has. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top