JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

1679799915179.png

I might just go and watch, sure to be entertaining. Paid for by our King County taxes.

Last Edited:
On the streets (even in the legal arena) $300 for an AK is a joke.. no wonder there is a massive underground market.. those dorks are offering pennies on the dollar for items that have clearly risen in modern market value.

As others here have stated if they truly cared about getting guns off the streets they'd shell out WAY more. Maybe some of those admins would be as so selfless as to cut their little salaries they earn for doing nothing in order to contribute to the pot of buy back funds.

One poss. technical discrepancy, $100 for revolvers, $200 for pistols. Aren't they equally concealable and lethal? Just asking.

To get the guns off the streets, they have to make stiff penalties and get the criminals off the streets, but those liberals don't want to do something like that which would actually make sense, instead they sit in a circle stroking each other's egos"

But instead of doing the right thing to fight crime, they want to lessen the penalties for criminals.

ObBJdmn.jpg

Last Edited:
On the streets (even in the legal arena) $300 for an AK is a joke.. no wonder there is a massive underground market.. those dorks are offering pennies on the dollar for items that have clearly risen in modern market value.

As others here have stated if they truly cared about getting guns off the streets they'd shell out WAY more. Maybe some of those admins would be as so selfless as to cut their little salaries they earn for doing nothing in order to contribute to the pot of buy back funds.
I wonder how many "tools of the trade " actually get dropped off. I always figured these events harvested mostly junk from old ladies' garage and closet clean outs. For sure active criminals aren't participating.

I wonder how many "tools of the trade " actually get dropped off. I always figured these events harvested mostly junk from old ladies' garage and closet clean outs. For sure active criminals aren't participating.
the ones that make me sad are the very old surplus firearms that are high in value and possibly rare.. I find it so dishonest that these buy back folks pounce on the ignorance of widows and younger family members that are unaware of the firearms value (most of the time). Of course I believe more often than not it's probably old shotguns and ring of fire type pistols.. but I'm sure there are amazing surplus firearms that get turned in..

People should really counter protest and inform those poor ignorant folks how much their items are really worth and that the county is taking advantage of them. If someone could have a huge screen with real time image examples and brightly listed values so the cops and local slimeball anti gunners cannot lie I think it may change some minds.

Money always talks.. their petty little $100-$300 gift card versus $500+ cash from a private buyer.. I'm quite sure most folks would take the cash over a gift card to "sizzlers".

So if I buy a bunch of blem stripped lowers, since they are technically an AR15, each one gets 300?
My assumption is those would get you $25 and would be considered "inoperable" for the duration of the event. I'm very sure they've already had a department talk about exactly what you're thinking. There's a reason they're giving $0 for homemade guns because it's been documented that people will strap a pipe to a 2x4 to try and get one over on "the man"

One poss. technical discrepancy, $100 for revolvers, $200 for pistols. Aren't they equally concealable and lethal? Just asking.
I have a single shot 9mm I got brand new from an FFL for $100 so that'd be an easy way to double my money. As for everything else, the prices are insulting. My third and fourth most valuable handguns happen to be revolvers. There's no way I'm selling those for $100 to Applebee's

My third and fourth most valuable handguns happen to be revolvers.
Yes, for example, it's difficult to find a nice Smith & Wesson N frame for under a grand.

One of my son's long-ago ex-girlfriends called it, "Crapplebys." The problem with gift cards is, it isn't cash. You are compelled to use it at a given place. Whether you want to or not. I suppose there is a secondary market for gift cards, selling at a discount.

Before last year, I hadn't been to an Applebys in 20 years. So we went and it wasn't too bad. Then we went again a second time a month later, this time it wasn't so good. It occurred to me, there is a sameness about their food that loses your attention rather quickly.

I think you're right, the guns turned in during these events aren't doing any harm. Knowing this, we have to wonder, are the authorities in charge of the buy-back really that clueless? Or are they fully aware of this fact, and the whole thing is about PR?

View attachment 1391247

I might just go and watch, sure to be entertaining. Paid for by our King County taxes.
Bring cash and ffl license.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads