JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is sort of interesting news in the scientific world. A very large asteroid is going to buzz us next month. It is about half the size of the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs. It is suppose to come past on December 16th and will be viewable with small telescopes. Anyway, I thought it was interesting and am passing it along. Article here. NASA entry here.

FE9294B6-9DBD-42C3-AC27-4BC3431E393E.gif
BD9468D8-0609-4C6C-AE69-A8799792C347.gif

JUST IN TIME!!

All those years you played will come in handy now!

I played this game on my TI-83 calculator in math class, along with Mario and a few others.

It was people like you that made my math teacher not let us use the fun calculators any more. :s0038:

Well that, and all the programs we wrote to bring up and/or solve things he told us to memorize. ;) Ah, no wonder I became a math teacher.

Only astronomers would describe a 6.2 million mile miss as a close shave. 'Potentially' is the operative weasel word in that headline.o_O

Just like geologist, recent or near future is about 100 years.

....it's threads like this that remind of the old Larsen cartoon, the clueless twaddapated doofus in disarray sitting at a bus stop, behind from a cloud coming down with giant index finger/thumb positioned to flick the character right into the middle of his next incarnation....

In the cosmic scheme of things, a couple of million miles is nothing. Astrophysicists claim that if you traveled from one end of the galaxy straight through the center to the other end your chances of hitting anything is zero.
They predicted it would take 15 trips before you struck something.

In the cosmic scheme of things, a couple of million miles is nothing. Astrophysicists claim that if you traveled from one end of the galaxy straight through the center to the other end your chances of hitting anything is zero.
They predicted it would take 15 trips before you struck something.
Pfft. I'll let my wife drive. will hit something before halfway through.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top