JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL, they probably will not help against the ghosts, but I would i would carry just in case you come across a turd brain who wants to make you a ghost. Also you never knowif shtf we all may be living in those old ghost towns, I would scout it out for water, mineral, vegetation and game resources.

I have not been to the ones in Eastern WA. Eastern Oregon's are completely dead. Shaniko looks more like a trashy little town than a ghost town. There's really nothing that looks "ghosty" in that area - just little towns with some buildings that haven't fallen down yet.

Best ghost town I've ever been to was Garnet in Montana. Really awesome. Fun drive - you're in the middle of nowhere - and very well maintained/preserved, rangers on site, etc. Saw lots of bears and other animals on the way up. Been there twice and loved it both times.

Ghost towns are usually ghost towns for a reason: the reasons the town was created went away, and so did the people.

Ghost towns are high on my list of places to visit when I was back in california, I went to salton sea (bombay beach, salton city, north shore etc), the gold mining towns around death valley, and even some of them in the sierras.

In an actual ghost town, they usually get enough traffic (tourists coming by to see what's going on) that you don't usually have the "want to be left alone" criminal elements like meth manufacturers or marijuana growers, they usually move further into the hills away from places that draw people there.

I wouldn't worry excessively about getting into some kind of running gun battle in one of these places. Even so, coming armed is never a bad idea, but don't go pulling guns on everyone you see. Usually the people you run into in these areas are pretty friendly not a pack of meth zombies.

Thanks for all of he responses...I've been on my own in some 'interesting' places and have met some really good people..
and some not-so-nice ones as well.
It's just about time to hit the road again and fill up on some quiet and peaceful, ya know?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top