JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'd like to try shooting slugs SlugCartoon.jpe out of my Nova. How would you go about mounting a ghost ring sight on it. Preferably some sort of flip up. I'm thinking about getting a Carlson 18.5" barrel. Both for slugs and home defense. Right now I only have a 28" barrel.

And do the ghost rings have to cost $100!??!?. I paid less than $300 for the whole gun at Bi Mart a couple of years ago (Did I mention I like Bi Mart yet).

I have a 18.5" Carlson barrel for my Nova. It was around 180 bucks or so. A barrel from Benelli will cost more than the gun did.:( So for half the price of a factory barrel it's quite a deal. Apparently it's much cheaper to make gun parts in Turkey rather than Italy.

The carlson is chrome lined, comes with a screw in cyl choke and has fixed front sight. Ghost rings, or any other rear sight for that matter, won't work with the Carlson front sight. It is the same height as a rib mounted bead and regulates with the reciever just as such. It is far too low to use with a rear sight.

I have yet to shoot any slugs from the Carlson barrel but I shoot a fair amount of buckshot. From contact distance to 50 yards I have no problem keeping the shots on target. Centering the front sight on the reciever is fairly easy as the top of the reciever has a flat grooved area.

Great - Thanks Creeper! Can't believe that I missed that. I've been looking for ever for a decent priced 18.5 barrel. It seems like the front sight is raised compared to the regular barrel. I think I'll be getting one.

I forgot about this thread - got my Carlson barrel the first week of February. I was also able to get my hands on a supply of slugs at Freddy's -(I liked Freddy's before and even more so now).

Surprisingly to me I was able to make the first three shot group all touching standing at 50 yards. Unfortunately I decided to try 3.5" magnum slugs after that. The rest was all downhill. But I feel pretty confident It was all me and not the barrel / gun. Now it's just a matter of finding more slugs and get a Limbsaver.

Slugs LEAD like crazy in the bore, only a scotch green pad wrapped around a 12ga brush, chucked in my drill gets it all out, pain. But that rifle choke is pretty awesome, out to 150 yards i can make good hits. My Nova 18.5" bore came with rifle sights from Carson's chokes mfg, unfortunately the rear sight stripped out after 10 slugs fired, gotta give them a call. Very small fine steel screw goes into a very soft aluminum body, no good.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top